End of life

Jean1234

Mar 19, 2015
OH has deteriorated so much in the last week that he has now been diagnosed as at the end of life stage. Everything has been set up so that when necessary they can make him as comfortable as possible. I’m having trouble actually believing that we have got to this so soon and half expect him to rally again and be as he was a few weeks ago. I had booked my first holiday away in several years only a short time ago as he is so well looked after in his care home and today I must cancel it as there is no way I can go overseas and leave him as he is. I fluctuate from feeling it’s not happening to bursting into tears all over the place.

ChocolateBrownie

Nov 21, 2018
Hello Jean

I’m so sorry to hear your news - and am sending you a virtual hug and shoulder to cry on.

Just make the most of this prescious time together.

Theresalwaystomorrow

Dec 23, 2017
Oh @Jean1234 so sorrry to hear this x
It’s a complete mixture of feelings but one I think we all share is the terrible pain and anquish this disease brings is a release once it all comes to an end x

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
I am so sorry @Jean1234. No matter how prepared we feel we have become as this disease takes hold of our loved ones down the years, these end days can still seem to happen so quickly and almost take us by surprise.

I totally understand your need to be there. It is hard, emotional and exhausting but also such a precious time.

Wishing you love and strength to see you through this end stage x