End of Life.

wazzer

Jun 4, 2008
North west England.
My wonderful Mother passed away yesterday of pneumonia caused by this horrible disease.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the members of this forum who have helped me with support and advice over the last 15 years. It has been so gratifying knowing that people on here know what you are going through and can truly understand the pain and heartache Alzheimer's can bring.
Although I know no-one personally I feel we have become part of a 'family' that help each other through the difficult times.
I now have to arrange mum's final journey and in a very small way, which I am sure you will understand, I am relieved that this journey is now over and mum is at peace. She cannot be hurt anymore.

Thank you all.

Ken.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
sad news wazzer
whether expected or not, there is still sadness
it's good that your mother is at peace and I hope there will be peace and comfort for you too in time

I'm glad TP has been a support to you over the years - it's a wonderfully caring community
best wishes

Last edited:

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
My wonderful Mother passed away yesterday of pneumonia caused by this horrible disease.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the members of this forum who have helped me with support and advice over the last 15 years. It has been so gratifying knowing that people on here know what you are going through and can truly understand the pain and heartache Alzheimer's can bring.
Although I know no-one personally I feel we have become part of a 'family' that help each other through the difficult times.
I now have to arrange mum's final journey and in a very small way, which I am sure you will understand, I am relieved that this journey is now over and mum is at peace. She cannot be hurt anymore.

Thank you all.

Ken.
15 years is a long journey for you and your Mother wazzer and I thought my journey was long.

I'm so pleased you can still say your 'wonderful' Mother after watching her suffer for so long.

Completely understand how you can be grateful that her 'earthly' journey is over now though. No more watching her deteriorate further than you may ever have thought possible or waiting by the phone for whether she will pull through an emergency etc.

Do look after yourself in these coming months and so glad this forum has helped you in that journey.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Sending my condolences Ken. I'm sorry to hear about your mum's passing. My husband was also 15 years from diagnosis to his death from aspiration pneumonia. It doesn't make it any easier for us but at least they are now free of this awful disease.

I'm sure you will do your mother proud for her final journey. Wishing you strength.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
My condolences Ken, peace is what we want for our loved ones.

My husband lived for 11 years with the dreadful disease and without TP and its members life would have been so much harder.

I wish you strength and peace in the weeks and months to come.

We are all still here for you should you need us.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
My condolences too, Ken. Your mum is now free from her illness, but it's still a huge loss to be grieved.

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
I'm so sorry for your loss, Ken. You're right, your dear mum is no longer hurting, it's ok for you to though. Wishing you strength and support during this difficult time. X

Harrys daughter

Jul 12, 2016
Take each day at a time the loss of our parent is sad in its self but the bag of emotions this horrable illness throws us at this time nobody can prepare you for xx