End of life? How long, it's so painful

Shazedge

Nov 11, 2015
Hi everyone
Thank you for your lovely messages of support. I guess I am doing ok and not totally falling apart . However on the inside the sense of emptiness and loss is overwhelming . My dad is at peace and for that I am truly grateful because he suffered for long enough. But my heart feels totally broken, shattered in fact, and I wonder if it will ever heal again. . It's just hard to accept that he has gone forever and that we will never see him again but I guess over time all of these feelings will get easier to deal with? Some people have said "at least you had time to prepare" but to be honest I feel more unprepared than I have ever felt. The overwhelming grief and sadness has consumed my body and most of the time I feel like I'm walking around in a bubble of delirium! I miss him so much but it's true to say I missed him when he was "alive" because as we all know the mind goes way before the body so at this point in time I guess I am a work in progress but I know with my fabulous family and friends around me I will get there one day and it will all make sense.
Thank you so much for all of your lovely words and messages of support and encouragement, it's helped so much.... Sending lots of love and best wishes to each of you ❤️X

pony-mad

May 23, 2014
Mid-Wales
Dear Shazedge, please accept my condolences. You describe so well the mix of emotions; you want your lovely Dad to be released from pain and torment, but you know that will mean he is gone from your life forever. I experienced that with both my parents, but your Dad was young! I'm glad he got to walk you down the aisle. Wishing you and yours strength for the days, weeks, months to come. x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Timeout

Feb 10, 2012
Please accept my condolences too Shazedge. Be kind to yourself, remember your lovely dad in all the good times xxx

theunknown

Apr 17, 2015
So sorry to hear about your dad Shazedge. I hope you continue to use this forum, as it may help you to realise that you're not alone x

wobbly

Feb 14, 2012
Mid Wales
how are you Shazedge? We finally got to register Dad's death today as it (paperwork) had to go to the Coroners office as he had been in hospt and had surgery etc, funeral is on mon jan 4th, I hope you are ok.....

Emily M

Jan 20, 2015
So sorry

So very sorry for what you are going through. I lost Mum a couple of months ago and it is very hard at first. The feeling of loss is still there, but has started to diminish somewhat.

I am not sure about "having time to prepare" for the relatives of people with this dreadful disease. Yes, it was expected, but with Mum because of her condition I feel that I wasn't really able to say goodbye. She had not really been with us for quite a while.

We are now beginning to remember the good times with her rather than those dreadful last few months. I am sure that in time you too will remember the good times rather than the bad when Dad was not himself. Family and friends are a blessing for keeping you going. Wishing you all the best and strength for coping in the months ahead.