End of life care

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
I just popped home for a cup of tea and to say Hello to the Dog and the OH.
Mum is slipping further into sleep all the time, She has sipped from her cup, and spends her time lifting her arms...I think she's pegging out the washing:) Her breathing goes in cycles from gentle snore down to occasional breath and back again....I'm not upset, I've witnessed this stage before, with my sister and my aunt and my MIL, Dad however fought the whole way!

There is peace and there is love, the daily sounds from the CH carry on as they should.

Today has been quite hard though because baby niece in Africa was having hip surgery this morning so the emails and texts have been flying. She is only 7 months and has had to have the hip socket deepened and cleared, her other leg grew properly eventually. But she is back on the ward and has had a bottle , so now all she must do is recover. Poor sis, desperately waiting for the phone to ring with good news or the other expected news all day.

Anyway, my tea is getting cold so off for now, I'll go back shortly.

Thank all for your love, hugs and support, I can honestly say that I am not alone, you are all around....Love to you all.x.x.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Hi Maureen thanks for the update.

I'm glad your Mum is still peaceful. It must be a strain for you so I hope she doesn't fight like your Dad did.Other things on your mind too. Your poor little niece- I hope she recovers well.

Yes there is a lot of love for you here Maureen. I hope you can feel it.

May your next visit remain peaceful

Love to you and your dear Mum.

Lyn T XX

Pickles53

Feb 25, 2014
Radcliffe on Trent
Today has been quite hard though because baby niece in Africa was having hip surgery this morning so the emails and texts have been flying. She is only 7 months and has had to have the hip socket deepened and cleared, her other leg grew properly eventually. But she is back on the ward and has had a bottle , so now all she must do is recover. Poor sis, desperately waiting for the phone to ring with good news or the other expected news all day.

So sorry that you have this additional anxiety when things are already so difficult. My little grandson had surgery to treat an infection in his hip when he was 11 months old. He seemed so tiny and vulnerable lying in a hospital cot with an intravenous line in his chest. But the surgery was a great success and he's now a lively rambunctious toddler with absolute no long-term effects. Wish the same happy outcome for your niece.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Sorry to hear about your little niece Maureen. I hope everything goes well for her.

Thinking of you and your mum.

Margaret79

May 11, 2010
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Morning Maureen, sorry to read about your niece. It never rains but it pours :(

Taking MIL to respite today for a week, I'm so looking forward to the little things, like being able to watch a whole programme on the tv without interruption!

Sending you a big hug and hoping that you are ok xxx

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I have three robins sitting in bushes near me in my garden singing their beautiful song to each other. So relaxing and peaceful

I wish for you some peace too Maureen xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point