End coming soon?

Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
My darling beautiful mum passed yesterday with all her family with her..it was beautiful...i then washed and redress mum( last offices). And we put patsy cline on and opened a bottle of champagne..all sibling plus grandchildren raised a toast to mum..and myself and sibling each spoke about what mum meant to us...it was very touching..truely beautiful..xxxxxxxxxxxx

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
That is indeed a very touching tribute to your mum
Im glad it was peaceful and she is now at rest.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
My darling beautiful mum passed yesterday with all her family with her..it was beautiful...i then washed and redress mum( last offices). And we put patsy cline on and opened a bottle of champagne..all sibling plus grandchildren raised a toast to mum..and myself and sibling each spoke about what mum meant to us...it was very touching..truely beautiful..xxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree, that was a lovely tribute to your mum and so pleased that she passed peacefully. I think that is what everyone wishes for.

Ostrich63

Jul 9, 2018
So very sorry for your loss and yet pleased you Mom passed so peacefully. A lovely act for a loved Mother and Grandmother. My thoughts are with you all.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
A lovely tribute indeed.

I'm glad your mum has passed peacefully. Wishing you strength for the days to come.

Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
Had to sort and removed mums stuff from nursing home..it was so so upsetting..got date from funeral todsy..12th feb .long time to wait..keeping myself busy..keep writing thoughts down..and hope i feel..which i think will help me.xx

yak55

Jun 15, 2015
Well i didnt for one minute think i would still be posting..but yet my darling mum is still hanging on through this horrific journey!!..how long is how long..i know no answers..district nurse came today and said yes deteriorating worse..mum been end off life for months..awake for 15 to 30 minutes a day..taking tiny morsels off yoghurt. Still having ensures but that is dwindling now..nurses have said they happy at moment that mum is comfortable..pain patch insitu and orormorph and haliprodol given if needed..nurses have stressed no to force feed me..which i am glad..as one off my brothers constanly badges mum to eat..they said offer if refuses its fine just give mouth care..this journey as been so so long ( March 2018)..deemed end off life..i just wish my beautiful darling mum would be at peace.xxxd
So sorry x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent

This must have given you great comfort.

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018

So sorry for your loss. However what a beautiful tribute. You did your mum proud.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I remember removing everything from mums room in her care home. Half a dozen black plastic bags and a couple of boxes in the back of my car. It didnt seem much for 92 years of life.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))

Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
I had always said to care home that i would do last offices for mum..months ago..and when time came i was honoured and privileged to do it..my 2 nieces help.she looked beautiful new nighie scarf and rosemary beards around her...i felt that was what i needed to do..then eldest brotheropened bottle bubbly and all 7 off us plus 20 maybe more grandchildren all sang patsy cline..it was beautiful...all home staff was in tears!!.xxx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife