End coming soon?

Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
Well i didnt for one minute think i would still be posting..but yet my darling mum is still hanging on through this horrific journey!!..how long is how long..i know no answers..district nurse came today and said yes deteriorating worse..mum been end off life for months..awake for 15 to 30 minutes a day..taking tiny morsels off yoghurt. Still having ensures but that is dwindling now..nurses have said they happy at moment that mum is comfortable..pain patch insitu and orormorph and haliprodol given if needed..nurses have stressed no to force feed me..which i am glad..as one off my brothers constanly badges mum to eat..they said offer if refuses its fine just give mouth care..this journey as been so so long ( March 2018)..deemed end off life..i just wish my beautiful darling mum would be at peace.xxxd

Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
Thankyou for your reply..just feeling overwhelmed agian..crying constantly. I want mum at peace then i feel guilty..but its soul destroying to see her..lying in feocal postion so so vulnerable weighting next to nothing..my proud beatiful mum is skin and bone..

Kat loves milk tray

Jan 1, 2019
I have not experienced this but can only imagine it’s a painful journey for you. Glad your mum is comfortable and you have support from the nurses. Sending a big hug at this emotional time ..

Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
Thank you so much.x all i want its for mum to pain free..and at peace..to see my strong independent mother off 8..just lying there is soul destroying. Not just for me but my whole family!.xxx

Misstep

Oct 7, 2015
South Wales
Well i didnt for one minute think i would still be posting..but yet my darling mum is still hanging on through this horrific journey!!..how long is how long..i know no answers..district nurse came today and said yes deteriorating worse..mum been end off life for months..awake for 15 to 30 minutes a day..taking tiny morsels off yoghurt. Still having ensures but that is dwindling now..nurses have said they happy at moment that mum is comfortable..pain patch insitu and orormorph and haliprodol given if needed..nurses have stressed no to force feed me..which i am glad..as one off my brothers constanly badges mum to eat..they said offer if refuses its fine just give mouth care..this journey as been so so long ( March 2018)..deemed end off life..i just wish my beautiful darling mum would be at peace.xxxd
Me too, for both your mum & mine

chickenlady

Feb 28, 2016
It's horrible to watch my Dad died in November, he was taking fluids and teaspoons of yoghurt up until 1 day before he died. 24 hrs before he died he was stroking my cat and saying lovely. My Mum was badgering him to try and eat until very close to the end, I think part of it was trying to deny that he was really as bad as we were saying and partly to maintain some control of the situation. Best wishes to you and your family, thinking of you.

Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
Hi all..i am sure universe is trying to test how strong i am...husband admitted to hospitial with pneumonia and type A flu..really poorly but thankfully makeing a recovery..he been in for 6 days..to say my nervous are completely gone is an understatement..going back to mum i go to bed every night with mobile and house phone next to me..i phone last thing and first think..mums literally only taking sips now..but has managed quiet a bit overnight..were as yesterday she hardly had any..doctor as reviewed medication..as she having break through pain relief as well as wearing patches..and given haliprodol!!.he as now upped dose off ororomorph..very tired as i had no sleep..mum is constantly on my mind!!..i so so wish and so does family that mum falls into a deep and peacefull sleep..xxx

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))
That must have been tough having your husband ill as well.
Im glad hes improving.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
@Baby Bunty that sounds so tough for you. Hope your husband gets better soon and that your mother is soon at rest. Thinking of you, and remember to try and look after yourself as well as everyone else.

Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
I am in heartbroken..struggling trying to juggle all my emotions..i am a nurse so i deal with illness wellbeing and sometimes death on a daily basis..but i struggle with my emotions with mum..she is my world..i totally adore her..i have struggled with my emotions for over a long time..but lost mil 8 months ago..and i seemed to manager alot better..i know that sounds strange ..but i had to think of my husband daughter and father inlaw..and even brother in law..i am the worrier!!..but now its back to mum just wish if thats the right word..that my darling mum would just be at rest..also thankyou all as i honestly dont know how i could off gone through this journey with the support off you all..you all inspire me..thankyou all so so much.xx

Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
Hi all..mum still taking sips..but managed so porridge this morning...mum was comfortable but seemed withdrawen..she slept agian all day and night..eyes closed as she taking her sips..brothers were with mum..middle brother always seems in denial about condition..and he also trying to feed her constanly....just wish i could read whats on my mums mind. To have an insight on what she going throught...hate this dreadful disease. Xxx

KathrynAnne

Jun 6, 2018
South Yorkshire
Hi all..mum still taking sips..but managed so porridge this morning...mum was comfortable but seemed withdrawen..she slept agian all day and night..eyes closed as she taking her sips..brothers were with mum..middle brother always seems in denial about condition..and he also trying to feed her constanly....just wish i could read whats on my mums mind. To have an insight on what she going throught...hate this dreadful disease. Xxx
Sending my best wishes to you too. I think the constant attempts to feed someone at this stage is just a way to feel you are trying to do something. I hate this disease!

IWonder

Jun 11, 2017
Michigan
Your post really resonated with me. I’m in Law Enforcement and have seen so many ills in life. My emotions were all over the place when my dad was diagnosed. That was about 2 years ago. Maybe more. My emotions became incredibly intense as the desease progressed. I’m actually began to pray more and to talk more openly about it. My dad now hardly eats and refuses to go to bed. He often sits with his eyes closed and really doesn’t know where he is. When he walks it is very stiff and I caught him from falling one day. My dads wish long ago is that he wants to be kept alive as long as possible. I honestly hate seeing him suffer. Although I don’t want to lose my dad, I don’t like seeing him in fear, pain and isolation.