• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can be found in our area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

End coming soon?

Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
Hope so..spent day with priest today talking about mum. We actually laughed it was lovely and i mean lovely..just been busy writing out verse for paper and also eulogy..i am finding it very therapeutic ..i agree to speak in church..not sure it will happen!!

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
I had always said to care home that i would do last offices for mum..months ago..and when time came i was honoured and privileged to do it..my 2 nieces help.she looked beautiful new nighie scarf and rosemary beards around her...i felt that was what i needed to do..then eldest brotheropened bottle bubbly and all 7 off us plus 20 maybe more grandchildren all sang patsy cline..it was beautiful...all home staff was in tears!!.xxx
Ah that's lovely @Baby Bunty

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
That sounds very comforting @Baby Bunty. When my husband died I agreed to speak at the church. I typed up my speech and had a copy ready for the minister. The plan was that if I couldn't do it on the day he would read it for me. I actually made it on the day. Strength came from somewhere.

Wishing you well.

Melles Belles

Jul 4, 2017
South east
@Baby Bunty. Your day sounds lovely. I’m planning speak at my Dad’s funeral too. I think it will be therapeutic talking about his life and all that he achieved. He self built 2 houses for example.
It’s so strange I can’t believe he’s gone.

Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
Its been a long few days..well 12 excalty..feeling a little overwhelmed with everthing..think Its finally hit home!!..mum will be in chapel off rest for 2 days then going to my sisters house for 2 days!..we have requested for mum to be layed out in a shroud..but i brought new under wear and night dress as cant stand the thought of mum being cold!!!!!!..how weird does that sound..i want to make sure she snug!!!!..aa i am text this i know it does not made sense..but as my husband said do what makes me happy!.xx i am having a day at home Tomorrow..plan on doing nothing..having a pj day with rubbish tv..euroly is almost finished ..i am very proud off myself.xxxxxx

Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
Thanks for reply..its hard making sense off it all..verse was in local paper tonight..i wrote it as i am good with words off all family..however when i read in paper i literally sobbed..!..feel lonely and miss my mum!!

Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
So sorry..its a painful feeling..i got a constant ache in my heart..i literally cant stop looking at photos.xxxxx

joanne d

Feb 9, 2013
Thankyou for your reply..just feeling overwhelmed agian..crying constantly. I want mum at peace then i feel guilty..but its soul destroying to see her..lying in feocal postion so so vulnerable weighting next to nothing..my proud beatiful mum is skin and bone..
Bg hugs. Such a horrible mix of emotions.xx