End coming soon?

Discussion in 'End of life care' started by Baby Bunty, Jan 8, 2019.

1. jugglingmum

jugglingmum Registered User

Jan 5, 2014
    Female
    Chester
    Sorry to hear of your loss, but a beautiful way to celebrate your mum's life at the end.

2. Melles Belles

Melles Belles Registered User

Jul 4, 2017
    Female
    South east
    Your Mum would be proud of you

3. Baby Bunty

Baby Bunty Registered User

Jan 24, 2018
    Hope so..spent day with priest today talking about mum. We actually laughed it was lovely and i mean lovely..just been busy writing out verse for paper and also eulogy..i am finding it very therapeutic ..i agree to speak in church..not sure it will happen!!

4. Duggies-girl

Duggies-girl Registered User

Sep 6, 2017
    Ah that's lovely @Baby Bunty

5. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    That sounds very comforting @Baby Bunty. When my husband died I agreed to speak at the church. I typed up my speech and had a copy ready for the minister. The plan was that if I couldn't do it on the day he would read it for me. I actually made it on the day. Strength came from somewhere.

Wishing you well.

6. Melles Belles

Melles Belles Registered User

Jul 4, 2017
    Female
    South east
    @Baby Bunty. Your day sounds lovely. I’m planning speak at my Dad’s funeral too. I think it will be therapeutic talking about his life and all that he achieved. He self built 2 houses for example.
    It’s so strange I can’t believe he’s gone.

7. Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
    Its been a long few days..well 12 excalty..feeling a little overwhelmed with everthing..think Its finally hit home!!..mum will be in chapel off rest for 2 days then going to my sisters house for 2 days!..we have requested for mum to be layed out in a shroud..but i brought new under wear and night dress as cant stand the thought of mum being cold!!!!!!..how weird does that sound..i want to make sure she snug!!!!..aa i am text this i know it does not made sense..but as my husband said do what makes me happy!.xx i am having a day at home Tomorrow..plan on doing nothing..having a pj day with rubbish tv..euroly is almost finished ..i am very proud off myself.xxxxxx

8. Amy in the US

Amy in the US Registered User

Feb 28, 2015
    USA
    @Baby Bunty, thank you for the update.

I don't think it matters if it makes "sense." Just do what you need to do, and what feels right.

9. Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
    Thanks for reply..its hard making sense off it all..verse was in local paper tonight..i wrote it as i am good with words off all family..however when i read in paper i literally sobbed..!..feel lonely and miss my mum!!

10. nellbelles

nellbelles Volunteer Host

Nov 6, 2008
    leicester
    @Baby Bunty I am with you there I miss my dad and husband Alzheimer’s and my Mum cancer...

11. Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
    So sorry..its a painful feeling..i got a constant ache in my heart..i literally cant stop looking at photos.xxxxx

12. joanne d

joanne d Registered User

Feb 9, 2013
    Bg hugs. Such a horrible mix of emotions.xx