1. Lawson58

Lawson58 Registered User

Recently OH and I collected my granddaughter to take her out for lunch.

As we were driving down the road OH wanted to know where all the emus had gone.

Emus? I asked.

Yes. Where are all the emus? I want to know what's happened to the emus!(Granddaughter in the back seat hysterical with laughter).

I had no idea of what he was talking about. Emus? There had never been emus living here that I knew of.

That had me stumped for a bit until I realized that we were passing a paddock where four alpacas had been living for several years.

Me: Do you mean the alpacas?

No. The emus! Emus! (Getting a little frustrated because I didn't understand.)

Then it dawned on him that he had got it completely wrong and was quite confused about how he could muddle up such different animals.

Grand-daughter's shrieks of laughter from the back seat were quite infectious so he was able to see the funny side.

2. fizzie

fizzie Registered User

Jul 20, 2011
    love this story x

3. Selinacroft

Selinacroft Registered User

Oct 10, 2015
    Well done you on cracking the code! :)

4. Lilac Blossom

Lilac Blossom Registered User

Oct 6, 2014
    Scotland
    Lovely story - and isn't laughter wonderful - granddaughter in the back seat saved the day :)