Emus!

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
Recently OH and I collected my granddaughter to take her out for lunch.

As we were driving down the road OH wanted to know where all the emus had gone.

Emus? I asked.

Yes. Where are all the emus? I want to know what's happened to the emus!(Granddaughter in the back seat hysterical with laughter).

I had no idea of what he was talking about. Emus? There had never been emus living here that I knew of.

That had me stumped for a bit until I realized that we were passing a paddock where four alpacas had been living for several years.

Me: Do you mean the alpacas?

No. The emus! Emus! (Getting a little frustrated because I didn't understand.)

Then it dawned on him that he had got it completely wrong and was quite confused about how he could muddle up such different animals.

Grand-daughter's shrieks of laughter from the back seat were quite infectious so he was able to see the funny side.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Recently OH and I collected my granddaughter to take her out for lunch.

As we were driving down the road OH wanted to know where all the emus had gone.

Emus? I asked.

Yes. Where are all the emus? I want to know what's happened to the emus!(Granddaughter in the back seat hysterical with laughter).

I had no idea of what he was talking about. Emus? There had never been emus living here that I knew of.

That had me stumped for a bit until I realized that we were passing a paddock where four alpacas had been living for several years.

Me: Do you mean the alpacas?

No. The emus! Emus! (Getting a little frustrated because I didn't understand.)

Then it dawned on him that he had got it completely wrong and was quite confused about how he could muddle up such different animals.

Grand-daughter's shrieks of laughter from the back seat were quite infectious so he was able to see the funny side.

love this story x