Employing a live-in carer

Chrismitch

Jun 23, 2011
Please point me in the right direction. I've read about employing live-in carers or taking someone from an agency but can't find any posts now when I search. I know you have someone Izzy. It's not for my OH but for Mum. She is failing now (95) with chirrosis of the liver (she has never touched a drop). She has always had loose bowels due to Crohns diseas, but the chirrosis makes her virtually incontinent. I can't live with her as I have OH to look after. She can afford to pay someone but how do I find someone?
She is in York. She doesn't have dementia.
Thanks.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Please point me in the right direction. I've read about employing live-in carers or taking someone from an agency but can't find any posts now when I search. I know you have someone Izzy. It's not for my OH but for Mum. She is failing now (95) with chirrosis of the liver (she has never touched a drop). She has always had loose bowels due to Crohns diseas, but the chirrosis makes her virtually incontinent. I can't live with her as I have OH to look after. She can afford to pay someone but how do I find someone?
Thanks.

Hi Sweetie, I couldn't just read and run, though I don't have any direct experience. But I wonder if telephoning your local Age Concern might be a starting place? I wish you the very best of luck. xx

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
Thanks.

It would be worth asking Age Concern and Alzheimer's society as they might have names of people you could approach. Do social services have any suggestions? On Google or safari I'd search for live in carer in York and see what pops up. Gods luck!

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point