Emotions, where have they gone?

Jesskle66

Jul 5, 2014
Does anyone else find that their loved one seems almost emotionless? The only emotion my mum has shown me for the last year is anger. And that is ALL the time. She has persistent delusions about me murdering her or that I am in prison and is both verbally abusive to me and violent. I haven't seen her scared or loving or kind or any other emotion since her rapid descent a year ago. I try to imagine how she feels if she truly believes I have murdered her (not tried to murder her, I have done it and her doctor brought her back to life. This is the same doctor she is obsessed with and told my sister that she is marrying him yesterday). I can only think I would be fearful and scared by it, but she is just accusatory and nasty and just wants me punished. My mum was the sweetest, kindest person in the world before dementia and we were incredibly close. It just seems like she is a totally different one dimensional person now.

Demonica66

Oct 23, 2014
Hi Jesskie66. I know what you mean and I completely understand. Dementia brings with it a whole new personality. My Mum is a 'swinging brick' moving between anger and tearfulness. When I say 'my mum' I think what I really mean, is the person that is the here and now; unemotional, switched off, intolerant. Please believe me that it really is not personal; this cruel illness takes over.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Demonica66

Oct 23, 2014
Meant also to say that you are not alone. We all experience our loved-one's changing. We stand together here and we support each other. Love to you. D x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Summerheather

Feb 22, 2015
I so agree with you, my Mum and I were so close that it just breaks my heart. My mum believes such awful stuff about me because of this evil disease that it's a bit scary.