Emotions after losing a loved one .

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
Dear fellow travellers,

Hope you are all hanging in there in there strange times, Sending strength.

A question or two. Background- It’s 10 months since mum died and I’ve had 4 in total. Father-in-law, Uncle and my Aunt this year. I’ve got deep bone sadness. Hubby has noticed and we have our moments!! Know I’m a total c** A lot of the time .I feel I don’t know how to be happy being sad, miserable I can do but, happy....... what‘s that? I haven’t been home to see dad since Covid and we’re looking at 1 year soon since mum died. Got a call from dad saying that he’s sorting out POA for me With the solicitor at the moment which brings it all into stark relief. I’m his only family. Is this normal. When will it improve?

Sorry for the ramble, but you know at times!

Thanks fo listening. Stay safe people. Take care.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
As said, that's a lot of loss @garfield3, so it's not surprising you feel as you do. Your post isn't a rant. The issues with Covid-19 magnify what would be issues even in normal circumstances.

It is said that time heals and I hope that happens sooner rather than later for you.

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
As said, that's a lot of loss @garfield3, so it's not surprising you feel as you do. Your post isn't a rant. The issues with Covid-19 magnify what would be issues even in normal circumstances.

It is said that time heals and I hope that happens sooner rather than later for you.

Thanks ever so much for your input. It really helps.

Hope you’re doing ok, too.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Ive been offered counselling via zoom. With zoom it doesnt matter where you are in the world - the counsellor could be in UK and you could be in Spain, it would be the same.
I dont know how you could access that, though