Emergency care

Mme Blonde

Jun 8, 2014
Up North
If my OH becomes impossible to handle 'out if hours', does anyone know who I would turn to for help?

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi Mme Blonde
there should be an emergency contact number for your LA's Adult/Social Services

as with any medical emergency - either 111 or 999

if you are not safe then call the police - they are more used to these circumstances than they are often given credit for and have helped several members here

it may seem extreme to call 999 - but better that than not be able to cope on your own

I hope you are OK ?!

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello mmi blonde, it happen to me when my husband would not go in to our house because he thought there was people in the house that were going to kill him, tried l had a number to ring in an emergency, it was Rapid Response Nurses, they came out persuaded him to go into the house, assessed him, then referred him to Social Service, you can get the number from your Dr hope this can help you.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
It sounds like you're in the position I was in January, the story is on the link to my earlier thread below.
All I can say is keep yourself safe, have a room with a lock on it and a mobile phone.
I live in quite a large city and I couldn't get any help. social services "we can't help if you don't have an assigned social worker", GP "we no longer do an out of hours service" I could go on but it took a while before I phoned 111 and to be fair to them as I do see them criticised in the press fairly often, they were fantastic.
But whatever you do your safety is the most important thing, a partner who in life would never lay a finger on you isn't the same person when they have AZ.
Keep safe.
K

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/showthread.php?89276-Kevinl-that-was-a-week-to-remember