Elizabeth Is Missing

Discussion in 'Books, film and music' started by MaNaAk, Dec 3, 2019 at 8:08 PM.

1. MaNaAk

MaNaAk Registered User

Jun 19, 2016
    Essex
    Hello Everyone!

Don't forget 'Elizabeth Is Missing' on BBC1 on Sunday at 9.00 pm with Glenda Jackson. I hope to be able to see it.

MaNaAk

2. Sirena

Sirena Registered User

Feb 27, 2018
    Female
    I saw the trailer for it - it looks good. Thank you for the reminder.

3. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    Some info

80-year-old Maud is funny, loyal and endearing. She is also living with dementia, which plays havoc with her memory but hasn’t yet diminished her strong stubborn streak. When her best friend Elizabeth fails to turn up for a shopping trip, Maud is certain something terrible has happened. Turning detective, she sets about trying to solve the mystery of her friend’s disappearance. But with Maud's dementia progressing, it is not easy to hold on to the clues. Despite her meticulous system of recording her discoveries on post-it notes, she can’t shake the feeling that she has lost a crucial clue that would unlock the mystery of Elizabeth’s fate.

4. Chrissie B

Chrissie B Registered User

Jan 15, 2019
    Female
    North Yorkshire
    Oh Wow,
    I love Glenda Jackson as well. Thank you.

5. LadyA

LadyA Registered User

Oct 19, 2009
    Ireland
    I am really hoping they bring this out on dvd. I've never had tv, and don't use any streaming services either. But the book of this is so good, and so instructive too about the world of someone with dementia, that I really want to see this.