Eligible For Vaccine - But Won’t Allow Me To Get One

Cap'n Grimm

Feb 6, 2019
Does anyone know who I might be able to contact about this. I have multiple text messages from my local surgery inviting me for a vaccine but when I phone to make an appointment they tell me I’m not eligible for one despite being an unpaid carer. I have two letters from the local council inviting me for a vaccine but when I try to book through them they say I’m not eligible. I’ve phone 119 to try and book my vaccine I’m not allowed to book one because again I’m not eligible.

so despite various letters and texts confirming my eligibility and inviting me for a vaccine they won’t actually let me have one. Anyone know how I can resolve this farcical situation?

Cap'n Grimm

Feb 6, 2019
That's frustrating. Have you tried booking on-line rather than via phone? This link allows those who are registered as carers with their GP to book a vaccination: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...rus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/
Just tried it. Again I’m not eligible

When I asked the woman I spoke to at Adult Health And Care she said it may have something to do with the fact I’m not claiming carers allowanc, but I really don’t know why this is happening

Cap'n Grimm

Feb 6, 2019
Have you contacted your GP saying you are being refused the vaccine because the system says you are not eligible?

At this point my local surgery is refusing to even discuss the vaccine. They just referred me to 119

Cap'n Grimm

Feb 6, 2019
@Cap'n Grimm have you ever registered as a carer at your doctor's surgery?
Yes I’m registered as a carer at my local surgery and I’m known to the local authority as a carer. I’ve spoken to both and they say I’m not eligible even though they have confirmed that I am eligible and have been invited for a vaccine.

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
When your GP sent you a text, was there a link you could click to book? I had no problem getting an appointment using the link.

My sister went on the NHS website to book, she was younger than the age group being called up but ticked the box saying she was a Carer and got an appointment. She does not claim carers allowance as she earns too much working part time. The website did say she needed to take proof of being a Carer but she has no proof other than a copy of the LPA but was not asked any questions when she turned up for the jab.

I’m sorry I cannot think of a suggestion for you if you’ve been unsuccessful using the online links.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Is it possible that somewhere along the line you have miss transcribed your NHS number and the system does not recognise you?

'Not eligible' seems a strange response if you have done this although the system was obviously set up in a hurry and may not have been fully tested.

Cap'n Grimm

Feb 6, 2019
Is it possible that somewhere along the line you have miss transcribed your NHS number and the system does not recognise you?

'Not eligible' seems a strange response if you have done this although the system was obviously set up in a hurry and may not have been fully tested.
i haven’t used my nhs number at any point cause to be honest I don’t know it. Name, address and date of birth. I’ve tried again speaking to the gp and adult health services and they recognise something isn’t right and are looking into it but I’m sure they’re busy looking into a lot of things at the moment. also the gp surgery told me they don’t actually have any vaccines available anyway as any that they receive are earmarked for second jabs. So at least I can be reasonably confident mum will get her second jab

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
i haven’t used my nhs number at any point cause to be honest I don’t know it. Name, address and date of birth. I’ve tried again speaking to the gp and adult health services and they recognise something isn’t right and are looking into it but I’m sure they’re busy looking into a lot of things at the moment. also the gp surgery told me they don’t actually have any vaccines available anyway as any that they receive are earmarked for second jabs. So at least I can be reasonably confident mum will get her second jab
You can find out your NHS number using this link @Cap'n Grimm

Last edited:

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Your NHS number is at the top of every medical letter you've ever received so it really shouldn't be difficult to find!