Electronic notes in care group

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Hi.My dad’s Care group has now completely changed over from written notes in his care profile to complete use on a smartphone phone. I’m finding now that I have to put credit on my phone to try and get onto it. Whilst doing this I’m finding I’m not able to get the complete notes. There are bits missing from it and no reference to how much is in dad’s night bag. Does anybody else have this ?? It is called OpenPASS

Rosettastone57

Oct 27, 2016
The care agency my mother in law used had Openpass. This was in 2018 , so not sure any advice will be relevant now. On hers, there was a message system for me to report any concerns back to the main office for them to act on. Only the managers could view them , not the carers themselves. This was dependent on the managers telling the carers. My mother in law had her care plan on it and a tick box system for the carers to complete the various tasks. If they weren't completed, the carer had to say why, (usually MIL refused what ever it was). What bits are missing?

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
The care agency my mother in law used had Openpass. This was in 2018 , so not sure any advice will be relevant now. On hers, there was a message system for me to report any concerns back to the main office for them to act on. Only the managers could view them , not the carers themselves. This was dependent on the managers telling the carers. My mother in law had her care plan on it and a tick box system for the carers to complete the various tasks. If they weren't completed, the carer had to say why, (usually MIL refused what ever it was). What bits are missing?
Hi. I have reported to them that dad is not having the night bag amount filled in plus sometimes his day bag amount. Dad is under the Renal Clinic so it should be.
He was in a fluid chart but that never was filled in correctly.It seems to be a very basic one..

Rosettastone57

Oct 27, 2016
Hi. I have reported to them that dad is not having the night bag amount filled in plus sometimes his day bag amount. Dad is under the Renal Clinic so it should be.
He was in a fluid chart but that never was filled in correctly.It seems to be a very basic one..
Hmm then I'm afraid you just have to keep on at them . I found that some carers simply hadn't been asked before to do anything different. My mother in law had special small hearing aids and carers had never seen any like that before and needed training to put them in correctly .

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Hmm then I'm afraid you just have to keep on at them . I found that some carers simply hadn't been asked before to do anything different. My mother in law had special small hearing aids and carers had never seen any like that before and needed training to put them in correctly .
It seems to be a permanent job at the moment to keep an eye. Electronic is ok until it /the computer goes down..I had it when I was a carer in homes . But still did the paperwork too as a back up..Thank you.