Elasticated Trousers

Long-Suffering

Jul 6, 2015
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone recommend a good online store from which to order elasticated trousers for my dad?

He is getting increasingly panicky about not being able to get his trousers down in time when he goes to the toilet. He is still wearing the type of trousers he's always worn - button with a zip fly and a belt. I think changing him to some which just had a comfortable elasticated waistband might be just the thing. I live abroad and mum can't go out shopping, so can anyone recommend a good shop online I can order them from?

Thanks,

LS

theunknown

Apr 17, 2015
Designed to Care (a web based company) does not have a large range of clothing, but the company was founded by someone whose grandmother had dementia. I came across it when I needed to buy some things for my mum, who had recently gone into a care home. The clothing is designed so that either the person themselves, or a carer, can use it with the minimum of fuss. The fabric used is up to being washed in industrial machines and needs no ironing.

Long-Suffering

Jul 6, 2015
Wow, thanks everyone! I'll check out all those links and ideas and hopefully have dad in something more practical soon.

LS :)

NanLorac

May 14, 2012
Scotland
You could get the zip and button replaced with velcro. That would make it easier to open and a cheaper option rather then replacing all his trousers.

Long-Suffering

Jul 6, 2015
You could get the zip and button replaced with velcro. That would make it easier to open and a cheaper option rather then replacing all his trousers.

That's a nice idea, but I live abroad and mum would never have the time or patience to do that.

LS

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Thank to your previous post on this subject, Izzy, I got Cotton Traders trousers for OH. Not only do they fit well the assistant was lovely and very helpful. Full marks, CT!

Long-Suffering

Jul 6, 2015
Hi everyone,

I looked at all the sites you recommended and showed pics to dad, and he ended up choosing some nice denim trousers from the "Chums" website. I just ordered one pair this time to see how they are, and if they suit him, I'll order some more.

I was a bit surprised that the smallest waist in any shop seems to be 32. Luckily that's what dad is. He'll have to roll the legs up, though. He's a 25 and the shortest were all 27.

Thanks again,

LS

irishmanc

Jan 14, 2015
Manchester
Designed to Care (a web based company) does not have a large range of clothing, but the company was founded by someone whose grandmother had dementia. I came across it when I needed to buy some things for my mum, who had recently gone into a care home. The clothing is designed so that either the person themselves, or a carer, can use it with the minimum of fuss. The fabric used is up to being washed in industrial machines and needs no ironing.

Excellent website - thanks!

Wardy2333

Jul 12, 2019
If anyone else is looking for elasticated trousers try Able 2 Wear - they have elasticated waist trousers without zips

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzieMK27