Elastic Bands

beverrino

Jan 12, 2015
My mum is obsessed with elastic bands. Everything has to have at least one band around it. Then she takes them off and puts them back on. If (god forbid) one should snap then she ties it up to use again. Books, bits of paper - so many bits of paper - once written on - they are never thrown away - so pile up for more elastic bands. I don't know where she even gets them all from - they just appear - the exact same way that pens disappear! I am forever taking her pens and then they just vanish. Shufflng little piles around. And junk mail - oh it cant be thrown out she might 'need it' - so now I just - in a matter of fact way - say 'junk mail' and put it in the recycle box - on a good day I can get away with it

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
My mum is obsessed with elastic bands. Everything has to have at least one band around it. Then she takes them off and puts them back on. If (god forbid) one should snap then she ties it up to use again. Books, bits of paper - so many bits of paper - once written on - they are never thrown away - so pile up for more elastic bands. I don't know where she even gets them all from - they just appear - the exact same way that pens disappear! I am forever taking her pens and then they just vanish. Shufflng little piles around. And junk mail - oh it cant be thrown out she might 'need it' - so now I just - in a matter of fact way - say 'junk mail' and put it in the recycle box - on a good day I can get away with it

:eek: you and I have the same mother? wow hi sis. Junk mail, wants to know if I need, pens, papers and if you do throw in recycle, they return to the "couch" for you to read next time.
Magazines.......I might read one day.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
It was tissues with my mother. Stuffed up her sleeves, in her pockets, just everywhere. I had to be careful when doing the laundry that I got all of them.

If I were you, beverrino, I would quietly take bits away and toss them.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Oh the recycling (shudder)
Mum is in a care home now, but before she went in I used to put stuff in the recycling box and a neighbour used to put it at the front to be collected, but before it was collected she used to bring it back in again because she thought it was a delivery :eek:
If he tried to explain she would get into a real argument and shout at him. She also became quite paranoid because she thought people were stealing her stuff and she was convinced it was the stolen stuff which was being returned (the junk mail had her name on it) so that proved that people were stealing from her (sigh)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tarydew