Education

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Friday talking to a largs group of nurses and home managers about direct payments.
I find it very strange how TP always seems to pop up somewhere in these talks.!!!!
Norman

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I don`t think enough can be done to educate people working with dementia about related issues.

Good for you Norman. I hope it goes well.

Love xx

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Norman,
Good luck for Friday's talk regarding Direct Payments. I know you will do a sterling job. It is a great pity that S.W. are not educated with the knbowledge of Direct Payments. Thank goodness, I had a good working relationship with the Head of Direct Payments, he actually saw it from a Carer's pospective. They don't seem to understand that we end of with a pile of paperwork and keep accounts. Once it was highlighted, in our area, they sent someone round to the home to do it. It is the same old story, unless we as Carers' bring something up - it goes un-noticed.
Best wishes. Christine

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Norman,
Congratulations. If it was not for Carers and Former Carers' educating by working hard for loved ones, they would not understand A.D. or any form of Dementia. A Staff Nurse at the Care Home watched the Malcolm & Barbara programme and when I next saw her, she came up and gave me a big hug and said she never realised what we went through until that programme.
Thank you for what you have done. Best wishes. Christine

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Bruce
I prefer "public relations executive"
The salary is the same.
Norman

Off to see those men kicking a round ball about this afternoon,that fills another half day for me.

Last edited:

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Love n'hugs to you sweetheart for all your good work.

Hope you saw a good game.........my team (West Ham) lost to Chelsea.