1. LilyJ

LilyJ Registered User

Apr 13, 2017
    Don't know where to ask this but I still can't re-post a comment that I've edited, I correct the text then press save but it doesnt come through on the thread. Any help please?

2. cragmaid

cragmaid Registered User

Oct 18, 2010
    North East England
    #2 cragmaid, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Do you mean, after you have posted the comment. I am forever pressing send and then when the post comes up, the spelling shieks at me!:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Ok so I posted the first bit.... then I pressed edit..... the edit option comes along the bottom of the post. My comment comes up in the message box. I've typed the extra or corrected the mistakes and then I am going to press save.....

Back to the editing..... I managed to save this so I'm not sure what you are doing differently.
    Perhaps you could try editing your original post like this.....

3. cragmaid

cragmaid Registered User

Oct 18, 2010
    North East England
    .... and BTW the spelling in my post shrieks... not shieks!!:D:D:D:D

4. lemonjuice

lemonjuice Registered User

Jun 15, 2016
    England
    Glad it's not just me then. ;)
    It seems so easy not to notice spelling/grammar errors until one has posted. :rolleyes: I think one's brain 'compensates' by 'reading' what one intends rather than what is written. But somehow once it's posted you're correct they just shriek out at one.:eek:
    I constantly have to edit such errors- as I've done here. let's see if this works?
    EDIT Yes it did.

5. Aisling

Aisling Registered User

Dec 5, 2015
    Ireland

There you go now! Anyway don't worry about it. We are not submitting posts for correction....... thanks be to God. I correct errors in books, newspapers etc but that's a different ball game altogether.

Virtual hugs,

Aisling xx

6. LilyJ

LilyJ Registered User

Apr 13, 2017
    Yes, that's exactly it but although I press save I look at the post back on the thread but it hasn't shown my edit....... Why does technology hate me!?

7. LilyJ

LilyJ Registered User

Apr 13, 2017
    I think that all is coming clear! I usually use my tablet and can never get the 'edit' bit to work, so just tried on the laptop and ....Bingo!!
    Thanks for your help everyone.

8. cragmaid

cragmaid Registered User

Oct 18, 2010
    North East England
    Good oh.... I'd just typed a reply again...... and it vanished!!!:eek::eek::mad::mad:;)