Easy to uses DVD/CD player

Tattoo Lane

Jun 28, 2016
Devon UK
Hi everyone, we are trying to find a VERY simple to use DVD/CD player for my mum who is awful with technology. She has problems with the TV remote, and is awful with technology in general - even before she was ill. Has anyone found anything really easy to use? To add to the problem she has visual impairment and is deaf and needs to have her loop system connected to the TV. The reason I am asking is that I have bought her some CDs of World War 2 songs that I think she will enjoy. While we are with her she'll be able to listen to them, as we can work the DVD player, but if she's on her own once we go back home, she won't know how to play them. Anyone got any ideas of places we could go to look at something like this?Many thanks

Tattoo Lane

Jun 28, 2016
Devon UK
Thanks love - the problem is I live a long way away from Mum and can't visit more than about once a month... but thanks for the thought - :) You nice and mellow now? And has Madame made an appearance yet?:p

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
While OH was in hospital following his cardiac arrest, we bought a portable CD/DVD player that is fairly easy to use and was not expensive. It looks as if it was designed for a ten-year old and has quite basic controls. It was an audiosonic and can has a battery system so that it can be charged and used away from a power point.

We bought here in Australia but maybe you should check out what is available online.

nmintueo

Jun 28, 2011
UK

Tattoo Lane

Jun 28, 2016
Devon UK
Many thanks

Thanks everyone, still looking, part of the problem is mums severe deafness. She also has both glaucoma and Macular degeneration which means she struggles to see writing. If we find anything suitable I'll let you know.