Early onset Alzheimer's??

Jazzguitar

Mar 2, 2016
I am a 63 years man in Plymouth Devon. I am very forgetful and I hardly sleep.My Mother has Alzheimer's. Should I see my GP? Thank you. Neville

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Neville, you are under stress, looking after your mother. Forgetfulness is part of the territory! If gp will give you something to relieve stress, slowing you to sleep, then go.

Jazzguitar

Mar 2, 2016
Thank you. from Nevillle

I will go see my GP. ]Neville, you are under stress, looking after your mother. Forgetfulness is part of the territory! If gp will give you something to relieve stress, slowing you to sleep, then go.[/QUOTE]

Patrioted

Jul 4, 2017
I am a 63 years man in Plymouth Devon. I am very forgetful and I hardly sleep.My Mother has Alzheimer's. Should I see my GP? Thank you. Neville

Yes, see your GP and ask for a referral to see a neurologist or geriatric psychiatrist that specializes in Alzheimer's if you are concerned. A GP does not really have the requisite training and skills to make a proper Alzheimer's diagnosis. Do this if for no other reason then to put your mind at rest. It could be normal age related forgetfulness, and probably is, but it could also be Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) associated with early stage Alzheimer's. If so, you need to know that as early as possible so that you can get on doneprizil when it can actually do you some good.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skituscany