Each Day is So Different

Mr.A

Jun 5, 2021
Visited MH today. Last visit was 5 days ago. Feel so sad and depressed. Just want it all to go back to NORMAL!
Dementia is a cruel disease and is just as hurtful to the loved ones as it is to the sufferer. I fully understand how you feel. I am 81 years of age and we have been married for 59 years. I lost the person who I love so dearly to dementia some six months ago and believe me I have shed many, many tears. She is now in a nursing/care home where she is receiving the very best attention and where I know she is safe and secure. I wish every day that things could go back to the way they were but of course that is not possible. Are you able to visit more often? I feel a little embarrassed when I say that I am able to visit every day but the care home is just round the corner. I do not know your situation but I have found that the daily visits have helped us both and whilst she doesn't recognise me as her husband we seem to have formed a bond. I am able to feed her and have my meals with her and stay with her most of the day. If distance and transport is your problem have a word with your local Age UK and they may be able to arrange something to help.

Pusskins

Jun 6, 2020
New Zealand
Dementia is a cruel disease and is just as hurtful to the loved ones as it is to the sufferer. I fully understand how you feel. I am 81 years of age and we have been married for 59 years. I lost the person who I love so dearly to dementia some six months ago and believe me I have shed many, many tears. She is now in a nursing/care home where she is receiving the very best attention and where I know she is safe and secure. I wish every day that things could go back to the way they were but of course that is not possible. Are you able to visit more often? I feel a little embarrassed when I say that I am able to visit every day but the care home is just round the corner. I do not know your situation but I have found that the daily visits have helped us both and whilst she doesn't recognise me as her husband we seem to have formed a bond. I am able to feed her and have my meals with her and stay with her most of the day. If distance and transport is your problem have a word with your local Age UK and they may be able to arrange something to help.
@Mr.A I live in NZ and MH is in a rest home a 90 minute drive from here. I am in the process of selling our home so I can move to the town where he is. He still knows me, but just lately no longer uses my name or acknowledges me as his wife. I want to be able to visit daily before he forgets me completely.

Mr.A

Jun 5, 2021
@Mr.A I live in NZ and MH is in a rest home a 90 minute drive from here. I am in the process of selling our home so I can move to the town where he is. He still knows me, but just lately no longer uses my name or acknowledges me as his wife. I want to be able to visit daily before he forgets me completely.
I wish you every success in your proposed move that will hopefully bring you closer together.