Duvet problems

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
My husband is pulling at his Duvet. He pulls it up, turns it around and it ends up on the floor, so he tosses and turns as he is cold in bed. I have tried putting a double duvet on ....... same happened..... have put a blanket over the duvet and tucked it in ...... still happens.......... other than putting him in a sleeping bag and that would be fun if he got up! what can i do? Has anyone else had this problem? He is in a single bed. Oh pillows can also end up at the bottom of the bed or on the floor.

Helena

May 24, 2006
Maybe the answer is to get him thicker PJs like a baby sleep suit or put socks on him and a dressing gown then he can sleep warm but without emcumberances that he throws off

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Hello Chip

Does he get too hot with the duvet on, or is he a restless sleeper?

Maybe if you used a double sheet as a top sheet and then the double duvet over that, it would help.

Kathleen

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Do you think something like this would work http://www.bayportproducts.com/bn/?

It seems to me that if so, they would be pretty easy to make. You'd just need some very wide elastic (or even elasticized fabric) and the clips. Alternatively, the straps that are sold to keep fitted sheets on a bed might be pressed into service. Those are elastic straps with "suspender" attachments on each end.

Jennifer

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
Thanks its all given me an idea. My only problem is now getting to the shops as i have a very weak leg. Will sort something out.