DustyAlfie246

DustyAlfie246

Jan 6, 2016
Hampshire
Hi i am new to this site. My husband has been diagnosed with early onset vascular dementia. I am struggling to come to terms with this. I have seen quite a change in him and its very scary. Anybody out there who can help with words of comfort.

vannesser

Apr 4, 2016
i now what you going throu

Hi i am new to this site. My husband has been diagnosed with early onset vascular dementia. I am struggling to come to terms with this. I have seen quite a change in him and its very scary. Anybody out there who can help with words of comfort.

hi my name is vannesser my husband was diagnosed with the same on Monday this week it is very woreing but .you need to try and not worey to mutch and think on the positive things .just try and care on as normell

he is 73 this june he as other problams ,stroke 12 year ago as difficultie walking and as diabbetas.he did memory test but had trubble with spelling and wrighting I not that good ether spelling .he got 48 for score .that is advice I was given I hope this hel[ps sorry

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland

Yes love it is so scary. My OH was diagnosed 8 years ago but has it for about 11 years. Does your husband know? If he does, how is he reacting? Have you support and good friends ? The news is awful but there are so many variables with this disease and every single person is so different.

I dont know details about your situation but I hope you can continue to communicate and enjoy things together.

I live in Ireland.
Feel free to PM me if I can help you in any way.

Lots of support,

Aisling

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello DustyAlfie, Welcome to Talking Point, you have come to the right place for help and advice, my hubby has Vascular dementia and Alzheimers, when he was diagnosed 3 yrs ago he had problems with memory and strange behaviour 12yrs ago, but was in denial that anything was wrong with him, Does your hubby know what vascular dementia is? If he is in the early stages life can still be good, you just learn to adapt to most situations, like always agree with everything your hubby says, even when you know he is wrong, it just makes life that much easier, you can apply for Attendance Allowance, which is not means tested, also Council tax discount. Keep posting, take care.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
Hello to you. Sorry to hear about your husbands diagnosis. My husband was diagnosed nearly 9 years ago and it really is a difficult illness for the carer to deal with. My husband can get very distressed sometimes and it is upsetting to see. But mostly he lives almost in a world of his own. Pacing about and quietly amusing himself. But for now you need to start getting yourself known to social services. I cannot remember exactly how it went back at the start but we had a visit from carers support I think, and after that most things fell into place as they were needed. Though sometimes with a nudge.! The biggest mistake I made was to not get him into some kind of daycare just once a week and maybe for just 2 hours. So that when the time came and I really needed a few hours once a week he just will not be left. There are also carers courses that are run by Alzheimers society and your other half would be welcomed to go into another room with others to be cared for and fed tea and biscuits. The course is very informative and you meet other carers in the same situation. There is help out there.! Good luck and keep posting on TP.xx

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Welcome to TP ,you will find a huge amount of help and advice from everyone here xx K

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Welcome Dusty. You will find great comfort and support here. We are all going, or have gone through, what you are now and understand whatever you feel, distress, fear, anger. My husband is much further along the road than yours. He has been in a CH for nearly 2 years but I still cherish the comfort and understanding I get from fellow TPers. Wishing you well.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Hi DustyAlfie and Vannesser, and welcome to Talking Point. :) You'll get lots of advice and support from other members, and you'll probably find as I do, that they become real friends, because they understand what you are going through.

Whatever worries you have, they'll always be someone on here who can help, so post whenever you wish to know anything.

Pb46

Mar 9, 2016
Ulverston, Cumbria

Hi, my husband was diagnosed with early onset about 6 weeks ago. He's only 50. Even though I expected the diagnosis it was a shock and it occupied my every thought for weeks. This charity has been such a help, give the helpline a ring they are so lovely and will give you info about the things you need to be doing like lasting power of attorney, PIP etc. Thinking of the future sends me a bit panicky so I'm trying to take each day as it comes. Not easy. Feel free to PM me if you just want a chat xx

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan