DST meeting? Looking at CHC funding

tigerlady

Nov 29, 2015
Spent all afternoon looking at two places.

One has twelve residents. Is upstairs. Atmosphere felt a bit flat. No beds but maybe one coming up shortly. Good cqc report.

Other has 27 residents. Unit is downstairs . It's in the shape of a square around a garden with unlocked doors . No smell, very clean. Seems very professional. Good cqc report. Has a bed.

I'm inclined to go for the second one as I'm wanting downstairs accommodation. I feel mum has been incarcarcerated for three and a half years. I want her to be able to walk in the garden and feel the sun on her face.

Seemed to be busy, p,entry of activity. Seemed the sort of place where relatives visited. Nice wide corridors.

Has a beautiful restaurant outside the unit where relatives can go and eat with lo for small payment.

I think this is the one I will choose. I hate upstairs accommodation with a passion . As much as I hate old houses converted I to care houses. I much prefer something purpose built.

The second home sounds like the one my husband is in - purpose built single storey, light and airy, all rooms ensuite with wet rooms, free access to secure courtyard garden. I would definitely go for it. Hope your Mum is very happy there. xx

dottyd

Jan 22, 2011
n.e.
Well, a bit of an update. Spoken to the chap who showed us around yesterday, possibly lead nurse. I asked if he'd chance to find out if there's definitely a bed. Said he'd ring me later.

I asked the question, could mum fail an assessment and the answer is yes, if they can't meet her needs.now this is a nursing home.. What happens if mums condition deteriorates further....then what?

I have a number to ring that was given to me by the nurse assessor. I need all the facts. What ifmum is too aggressive to go anywhere....then what?

dottyd

Jan 22, 2011
n.e.
Another update

I had a couple of really nice phone calls today. I'm on first name terms with CHC manager and lead nurse at the care home I hope mums going too.

There's no bed presently but there will be one in a couple of weeks. There will be an assessment of her tomorrow. I going away soon so nothing's going to happen before then.

If a bed becomes available while I'm away they will sort it out. I feel like they are acting in mums best interests and family are here if need be.

dottyd

Jan 22, 2011
n.e.
And the care home she's in have rang me three times today. I fielded one call but missed the other two!!!!

Last one at 7pm!

I don't think they should be getting involved like this. They know there's no beds in the town. I told them I'd been to two homes . They wanted me to look at one which doesn't have a very good cqc report compared to the other two.

I'm not happy at the pressure they are putting me u der.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pescobar