DST Assessment yesterday...recommendation not to fund CHC...but...

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
I’m not sure that LPA for finance will hold much weight , it might need to be Health & Welfare LPA for medics to accept your input and release medical information.

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
ok I thought as it effected his financial position it might but perhaps not?
Hello @Grancan1313 It can be very difficult to get CHC funding, and the CHC/DST meeting is focussed on health/care needs. There will not be any discussion about finances as this should not be a consideration when deciding on CHC eligibility. If the individual has lost mental capacity then a family member, carer, H&W LPA attorney etc should be present at the meeting to provide input but they do not have to have an LPA in order to attend. If your father's partner is fulfilling that role then you wouldn't be required to attend too. Hope this helps.

Grancan1313

Jun 8, 2017
Hello @Grancan1313 It can be very difficult to get CHC funding, and the CHC/DST meeting is focussed on health/care needs. There will not be any discussion about finances as this should not be a consideration when deciding on CHC eligibility. If the individual has lost mental capacity then a family member, carer, H&W LPA attorney etc should be present at the meeting to provide input but they do not have to have an LPA in order to attend. If your father's partner is fulfilling that role then you wouldn't be required to attend too. Hope this helps.
Hi Louise I think the issue is my step mother is trying to exclude me from information about my fathers care and I know it is nothing to do with finances and that it’s his health. I personally don’t think he will meet critters I would like to be involved in the discussion. I don’t know whether I can ask for this I’ll have to see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KayeLay