Drug trials and travel insurance

Sammyjo1

Jul 8, 2014
OH is keen to go on a drug trial and there are various possibilities in our area which look promising.

One of the trials suggested we needed to inform our travel insurance if he was on it and so I rang the travel insurance company yesterday and they said he would NOT be covered at all if he was on a drug trial.

We have an appointment to talk to the trial director in a week or so but in the meantime I was wondering whether anyone on here was participating in a drug trial and, if so, whether they had come across this problem.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Totally outside my sphere of knowledge, Sammyjo, but I hope someone will pop in and answer you who does know.

Thread bumped for you :)

Sammyjo1

Jul 8, 2014
Thanks Chuggalug. I can sort of understand why they say they can't provide cover but it would be a real shame if he can't get involved with drug trials for this reason.

Maybe the drugs company will provide the cover .... some hope of that :D:D

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
My husband was on a drug trial for a year or so and we were never told to tell the travel insurance company. We did travel during that time but I never gave it a thought! Perhaps I should have. Sorry, not much help.

You might want to try out other companies to see if they are the same.

Sammyjo1

Jul 8, 2014
Thanks Izzy, I will certainly do that but will wait until the doctor comes to see us as he may have some experience about it.

I sort of wish I hadn't rung them but then again, if I hadn't let them know and something had happened then we would not have been covered. Why isn't anything ever easy in this world? :(

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aliso