Driving concerns!

yorkie46

Jan 28, 2014
Southampton
Some time ago I reported to DVLA that I had concerns about my husband's driving. Nothing happened. Last October I reported that he had just been diagnosed with FTD. Nothing happened until a week ago when he had a letter to say they want him to have a medical examination with his GP. This despite having had reports already. They also say he may still need to have an examination by their doctor and all this and any decision could take some time she to backlog of work. So if he's been driving how many accidents could be have had. Luckily he hadn't been driving and has fluctuated between wanting to keep his licence and wanting to send it back. I've booked him an appointment for 29th and I have appointment before that so will try to talk to doctor about it first. I find it very worrying though that these things take so long.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear Yorkie,

I'll just let you know my experience which is when dad was diagnosed with mild Alzheimers we were obliged to let the DVLA know and if I had concerns about his driving I was to let the consultant know. My brother told the DVLA and they sent dad a provisional licence which dad got muddled up with and he thought that they were stopping him because of his condition. We explained that it was a provisional licence but his mind was made up and he started to think about selling the car. The car was sold but my point is this firstly if your husband was given a provisional licence he may start to think about giving up driving. Secondly if you have concerns go to his consultant and he should be able to cancel it anyway.

Good luck

MaNaAk