Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
The assessment is mentioned in this link -

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Hi I have been answering TP threads on dementia driving since March 2005 ad nothing seems to change I have also been in more battles with bureaucrats Field Marshal Montgomery.

I have attached two pages of my assessment in 2013 obviously it may have changed now but it will give you some idea of what to expect It won’t be easy considering you Driving future is at stake but if your confident its shouldn’t be a problem

The driving assessment can confirm your practical driving ability and may be useful if DVLA are making medical inquiries. ... The Assessment Centre Team will consider all aspects of driving including medical fitness, vision, awareness, reactions and decision-making as well as physical ability to operate the controls.

hopfully you will find it helpful

Attachments

• Driving Assessment 99copy copy.pdf
    92 KB · Views: 333

JoannaH

Feb 6, 2021
Hi I have been answering TP threads on dementia driving since March 2005 ad nothing seems to change I have also been in more battles with bureaucrats Field Marshal Montgomery.

I have attached two pages of my assessment in 2013 obviously it may have changed now but it will give you some idea of what to expect It won’t be easy considering you Driving future is at stake but if your confident its shouldn’t be a problem

The driving assessment can confirm your practical driving ability and may be useful if DVLA are making medical inquiries. ... The Assessment Centre Team will consider all aspects of driving including medical fitness, vision, awareness, reactions and decision-making as well as physical ability to operate the controls.

hopfully you will find it helpful
Dear "Countryboy" thank you for your good wishes for my sister and her driving assessment. It reassured her. The cognitive assessment was conducted over the phone and the assessor was very good and made me sister feel at ease. The driving part of the assessment is due to take place in March but I suspect it will be postponed again. Thank you once again for taking the time and trouble to help us both.