Dressing gown and PJ battle won!

Pear trees

Jan 25, 2015
I have finally got my mum to take off her ancient and filthy dressing gown and PJ's that she insists on wearing on days she does not go out, and with no arguments! She liked the similar cheap ones i bought so got 2 sets which I will swap when she's at her lunch club. The old ones are for the bin.
I've done the same thing with towels and sheets (hers were at least 10 years old)
She does at least wash herself when she goes to her lunch club 3 times a week. I have duplicated all her going out clothes as well.
One small battle won, now going to wage a secret war on the house!

Suzanna1969

Mar 28, 2015
Essex
One small battle won, now going to wage a secret war on the house!

Ah! Stealth cleaning! Good luck!

I think many of us could easily get a career in the secret service after learning some rather duplicitous skills caring for our charges! I changed Mum's bed the other day like a ninja!

Pear trees

Jan 25, 2015
Now facing another battle over the phone. Mum likes me to call her on lunchclub days to remind her but she has started putting phone down straight after picking it up without speaking. Then she panics because she thinks she has missed lunch club bus so pushes panic button -but won't speak when they try to contact her through alarm box or phone! So they phone to ask us to check on her, by which time bus has turned up and she is on way to lunch club.
Any suggestions to help her remember to talk to phone -lighter handset, permanent speaker phone etc? She has never understood anything 'newfangled' and was never happy using phone even before dementia.