1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. loza

loza Registered User

Jul 4, 2013
    Mum passed away in Nov last year after a struggle with Dementia at 77, it was so hard to lose her, it was such a traumatic time for us all, we lost dad in the middle of mums condition as he could not cope, today I woke so happy because i had a dream about her and I had 'heard' her voice again, just when you think that you can no longer remember what they sound like...am I going mad, cos at the momenent it feels like it.

2. BeckyJan

BeckyJan Registered User

Nov 28, 2005
    Derbyshire
    I am sorry to hear about your Mother and, no, you are not going mad. I have experienced something similar myself and I know of others who dream or hear their loved ones voices.

I hope this has not disturbed you too much and you can be happy that your Mother's voice is a comfort to you.

3. LYN T

LYN T Registered User

Aug 30, 2012
    Brixham Devon
    I 'hear' my late Husband's voice. If I have a problem I look at his photo and ask for his advice! It calms me down and makes me feel as though he is still here with me. Actually, I wake up disappointed if I DON'T dream about Pete.Sometimes sleeping/dreaming is a more pleasurable option than being awake.

Love,

Lyn T XX