Dreams

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
My stress takes the form in dreams.
I have some crazy dreams but I am always lost,always in trouble
Very often the car and driving figures in the dream but always lost.
When you think of the stresses during the day it's not suprising that the dreams are troubled ones
Day To Day

Norman

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Dear Norman,

I quite frequently have a dream where I'm sitting in the passenger seat of a car and no one is driving. The car is going very fast and I am desperately trying to reach over to the breaks to stop it. I end up just having to stay there until it crashes, I am never hurt. A friend, whom is a professor of psychology, told me that this is because I feel am not in the driver's seat of my own life! It kind of made sense.
(I have another recurring dream where I'm covered in pooh, I'm scared to ask the meaning of that one, but I can guess!)

Magic.

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Magic and Norman,

I also have had some quite realistic dreams about car travel.

In some, I've been a passenger without a driver, like Magic - that's really out of control and scarey stuff ..... In others, I've been in the driver's seat, where the steering wheel has fallen off or dissolved or the gear stick has snapped, or the breaks fail. For some weird reason, I always manage to find a spare part and fit it, whilst avoiding collisions and obstacles. I've also had dreams where I'm driving and bits keep falling off the car as I drive.

In one great dream a couple of years' ago when the steering wheel dissolved, I found a set of reins, which I attached to the steering column and drove the car as if it was a buggy or go cart. I remember waking up yelling with delight at being in control of the vehicle again.

According to dream psychology, the car is the 'vehicle' of our lives. When we are very stressed, we lose the ability to 'steer' our lives in the direction in which we we wish to go. Being a passenger in a car with no driver at all seems to be a reaction to feeling that we are out of control altogether, which is both frightening and frustrating. You know that you aren't in the driver's seat any more and the fact that's it's empty is a horrible shock!

Other dreams that I have quite often are having my teeth fall out and I'm spitting them out of my mouth one by one. It's always great to wake up and find that they are inact in my mouth! Another one is having a huge tiger following me around or sleeping on the roof of the house. This is more of a protective animal rather than a predatory beast. I also have a black dog that accompanies me in many dreams. She also looks after me and protects me from harm. I don't know what these symbols represent though.

I find dreams really fascinating, especially since we all seem to have similar ones.

Jude

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Jude, for ages I dreamt I was being attacked by a black cat, but it never really hurt. Isn't it strange how we as carers are having the same symbols etc in dreams?
P.S Mum has taken to respite very well and I had a lie in this morning! Then didn't really know what to do with myself when I got up. Typical carer!

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Gawd.

I only have two recurring dreams.

The first has me at the airport ready to fly - only to discover the passport is at home.

The second sees me in a crowded street or other public place. Suddenly, I'm totally naked and thoroughly embarrassed.

I'm hoping that when I fly off in a couple of weeks that the two dreams don't turn out to be prophesies.

Just watch out for the news report of the passportless streaker at Gatwick. Coming to a screen near you, soon. NOT!

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Brucie,

The News South Evening Report will be something along the lines of...

Gatwick's Terminal 2 was temporarily closed today while groundstaff attempted to apprehend a naked man trying to board Alitalia without a passport.

Further disruption to services occurred when a toothless, white Caucasian female burst into the Departure Lounge on a go-cart, waving a pair of trousers and carrying a large suitcase. Upon investigation, the luggage was found to comprise several spare parts for a Renalt Clio and did not unfortunately contain the desired clothing for the unsuitably attired passenger.

Holidaymakers were further terrified by a large Bengal tiger and an overweight black labrador who appeared to be pursuing the woman. Upon closer inspection, the labrador was found to be in possession of the naked man's passport and a well chewed ticket. Upon donning the trousers, the man was eventually issued with a boarding pass and permitted to join the flight.

The woman and labrador have been taken into custody, pending further enquires. The go-cart was wheel clamped and removed by traffic police and the tiger was last spotted boarding an aircraft to India.

An Airport spokesperson has emphasised the need for Britian to to tighen up on airport security measures immediately.

Happy hols, Brucie

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Well now I can't wait, assuming BA [not Alitalia I fear as they don't do a direct Genoa flight] pulls its little digits out and actually runs the flight.

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Have a nice holiday Bruce,you have earned it.
I will think about you when we are at Weston Super Mare, 4-11 Sept.
I don't want any p--- taking about Weston,over the years we have had our share of travel but Peg is familiar with the place and she will enjoy it DAY TO DAY,enjoy a day and forget it.
But we are much better off than some poor sods,so count yout blessings

best of everything
Norman:D

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Nowt wrong with Weston, once you have walked ten miles out to get to the sea.....

I used to get the paddle steamer from Newport to Weston, when I were but a wee lad.

C

Chesca

Sorry? Bruce on holiday? Norman on holiday? Excuse me! I do not recall completing any poll on this forum relating to leave for Bruce or Norman and I have tried to take part in all polls. I need grounding from time and I don't mean an airstrike. Norman on holiday? Excuse me? (Would a judie whose locale features New Brighton dare to comment on Weston - a lovely tale of which I could tell you, and dare say I will, concerning my own Mater and Pater)

If, dear Jude, events are to take place as forecast, and let's face it, having read some of your mails, you are something of a Seer, I want to be at the airport as witness! It is essential that both you and I are at the airport. We need copyright on all proceedings and the monies therefrom should provide a network of support to financially rival he who makes the Gates; Bill or somesuchwhich. Henceforth all carers will reside in supportive splendour unseen since they hung the gardens at Babylon. (On what charge? We should be told.)

Bruce, when you get to Genoa, please don't mention my name in polite company and, if you are heading to Portofino, the third cliff back from that which passes for a car park bears some white paint - from a late (not in the fatal sense) dearly beloved's BMW which I happened to be driving at the time. Same applies if you're passing through La Spezia, wear a mask; any mask. Remember, you're not British if stopped.

Who said I don't know how to pose? or did...

Norman, Genoa and Portofino are where are learned my previously referred to Stevedore cussin', and they weren't even cargo ships. You needed to ship yourself up to Leghorn for that.....seeing as you didn't ask!

If, however, you're going to Tuscany and the Torre del Lago in Viarreggio, I will tell everybody that you know me and you'll be thrown in gaol. Not that I want to put you off, you understand.

God! buckets and spades, fish and chips, your mother shouting 'I'll not save you if you disobey me and drift out into the sea and no you can't have another icecream you have seventeen already and you won't eat your tea'.

Thanks for the smile
Lotsa...
Chesca

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Guys,

My mother is from Weston apparently, according to some addresses on my original birth certificate. I remember going there when I was doing a trace on the 'origins of Jude'. There was quite a bit of mud as I recall. Mind you, anywhere is going to be muddy at present with all this rain.

Brucie, how can you fly with BA after what they did to Richard Branston???? They are a despicable bunch of shysters. Still, I do hope you manage to get your holiday sorted. It's all looking a bit gloomy with the strike 'n all.

I've got the tiger and the labradog on hand in case of emergencies after all.

Jude

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Spotorno's the place.

Been to Pietra Ligure way back in the far distant past with Jan; now re-visiting the area with Nina, who has agreed to keep my passport under her firm hand, to save escalation of the airport situation beyond reasonable extremes.

Planning to wear extra Y-fronts on top of trousers on the day to try and fool the clothes-nappers. As additional measure I will apply Cherry Blossom Parade Ground Black shoe polish to nether regions on the day. In which case I will make sure I don't fall over as could be mistaken for a wandering pedestrian crossing.

Finally the ear-muffs to protect my delicate shell-likes from the bad language prevalent in the Italian Riviera.

Won't be off for a week or two though.

Grazie

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Brucie,

As long as you are in your 'Superman' outfit, you should be safe.

Give Nina your passport, ticket and luggage. She sounds very sensible to me. Who's feeding the cat while you're away? Sorry - I'm just making sure that you are totally organised here...

Jude

C

Chesca

Jude, panic stations
I know I've been out of the loop (keep your opionions to yourselves, my loved one is present.................somewhere) but you're telling me they've pickled Richard? Sir Richard?
Chesca

Kriss

May 20, 2004
Shropshire
I absolutely love this thread but shouldn't it be renamed "losing touch WITH REALITY"?

It perfectly reflects the way we pass from doom and despondancy, through the realms of the supernatural and end up in state of hysterical collapse!

Keep it up guys & gals

Kriss

ps was it sandwich pickle or the standard chunky variety?

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Oh GAWD,

Can't you allow a gal the occasional typo without leaping down the old throat...???

Mind you, I haven't had any dinner yet, so it might just have been a slip of the old Freudian you know what's. I was flat out doing the Funky Chook routine before and dreaming of avocado and vegemite sandwiches with beansprouts.

Oh, for forks sake....

I prefer my pickles chunky any day of the week.

Jude xxx

C

Chesca

Losing touch with reality? Were allowing ourselves to escape some of our grim realities, I think. Try some of the other threads. 'Humanism' is one but persevere. I blame Jude, myself: her and her bad grammers brings the worsernesses out of me and, donchu firget, wirds iz me bisniss.

If I thought for one moment I was offending dear Snuffy or you, struggling in the mire as we do, I'd expect you to let me know by private or public message. Over time I've just learnt its OK to laugh as a coping mechanism but it's not AT anybody, it's, hopefully WITH somebody. I need to know it's OK to laugh together, sometimes. I wouldn't dream of offending anybody on this site . Inside I'm screaming with the grief we all share....lest you doubt me if you feel like it read some of my four in the morning' mournings

Lotsa....
Chesca

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Anthem

Bruce there's a Barry Manilow song (now now, Barry has his moments!)

It goes:

"All the time I thought
There's only me
Crazy in a way
That no one else could be
I can't believe that you were somewhere too
Thinking all the time there's only you."

Bit like all of us finding the motley crew on this site.

Magic

C

Chesca

............could it be magic?

Chesca (with no apologies; I quite like BM too)