Dreams

Kriss

May 20, 2004
Shropshire
Back to the dreams...

I'm one of those people who rarely remembers the content of my dreams but about 8 weeks after Dad died I had a lovely dream which remains vivid to this day.

I had been very down - we had just lost my Mum-in-law as well - I had been grasping at memories trying to keep the images clear, recalling the smells on his clothes and stuff like that. Then I had a lovely dream when Dad came back to us to tell us he was fine, I "felt" and squeezed those lovely wrinkly hands again and led him through the house to Mum to say "look who's here".

I've never shared this before - not even with Mum - and as I sit here I'm shedding more than a couple of tears cos I miss him so much. But I am so grateful I had this last touch - he was happy and it was so real.

I'm not religious at all - can't stand the mumbo jumbo - but I reckon theres more to come after we leave this place.

Got to go - Need a couple of tissues!

Kriss

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Kriss, what a lovely dream to always remember. Sounds like your father's way of letting you know he's fine and he's still around you.
Keep dreaming, asleep and awake! We all need something to aspire to.

Magic.

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Guys,

I always remember one vivid dream when I was about 5 years old. My Grandma [dad's mother] came to me in a dream and said goodbye to me. She was dressed in her usual red dress, with white polka dot spots and a starched apron. She said that she had to go because she had just fallen and hurt herself and I wasn't to worry, because she was with God.

I remember getting up and going into my parent's bedroom and waking them up to tell them that Grandma was with God. About 10 minutes later my Aunt rang my father to say that their mother had suffered a heart attack and had fallen down the stairs and died.

Another time, but I was awake. I was in India, in Delhi,when an ancient old bloke came up to me and wanted to talk. I had only been in Delhi for a short time and was a bit wary of beggars. However, he grabbed my hand and told me that I had to telphone to England because my mother was very ill and my father wanted desperately to speak to me. I spent hours at the Telephone Exchange and finally spoke to my father, who told me that Mum had been rushed to hospital with a heart problem and my father had been praying that I would phone. She recovered and it wasn't necessary for me to go home.

Strange things from dreams and visions....

Jude

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Recently I've been having very vivid dreams, all different, but all with the same thread, that of being trapped.

Strange how the brain interprets stress, or maybe not.

Last two nights:

First night I was going to the airport and could see the runway from far away. This time I actually did have my passport with me [another recurring dream has me forgetting it] but every time I took the road I thought would get me to the airport, it turned the other way. This went on for ages.

Last night I had put the car in a car park and came back to pick it up because I needed to get out to do something really important. Problem was I couldn't find the ticket anywhere. The car's glove compartment and all other compartments were full of old tickets, but the right one wasn't there.

It's not difficult to figure out the meaning!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba