Dreamland

mojofilter

May 10, 2006
St.Helens
Hi !!!

I've not posted on here for a while, I've popped in and read some posts but I always find myself getting too emotionally involved with this site ..... Maybe my memories are still too fresh and reading about other people coping with this disease just brings everything back to the surface...

My mum passed away in October last year and I moved from the UK to the USA in March of this year. Things are moving on, I still miss mum but I was kind of coping with everything until 2 nights ago.

I had a very vivid dream that my new wife had Alzheimers and all of the things that I went through with my mum reappeared in the dream. I know it was only a dream and that I should be able to shake it off but it's really effected me badly. I wasn't expecting anything like this and it really blindsided me ..... So I came here to share/vent.

On a brighter note I'll be taking part in the Memory Walk in October here in Cincinnati.... My wife did it last year and I can't wait to be a part of it this time around ....

Stay cool,

Paul

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Paul

First of all I`d like to wish you luck and happiness in your new life in the USA.

A clean break is often a good idea following trauma.

Your dream must have been a nightmare. The logical explanation is your fear of a repetition of losing another person nearest and dearest to you.

It`s good you thought to return to TP. We are all still here for you.

Keep in touch.

Love xx

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
The logical explanation is your fear of a repetition of losing another person nearest and dearest to you

yes I would agree with that as

Mum got a dream book :) All you need to do to understand your dreams is what feeling you was feeling in the the dream how did the atmosphere in the dream make you feel.

They do say that in dreams we can express what we are feeling on a Unconscious level, that would course us to much distress emotionally if we express it on a Conscious level, So dreaming that someone close to us is ill is a concern, fear about losing the support and love of that person.

So really it good to have those dreams , as long as you can perceive it as a positive, because your expressing your emotion on Unconscious level rather then on a Conscious level. if you get my point. In time when your ready your be able to face it on an conscious level without coursing you to much distress .

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dfisch