Down to earth again!

drummer-john

Apr 29, 2005
Leeds
This is my first new thread - so here goes.

I've been feeling pretty positive recently. After the month from hell - Brenda had four seizures then went into a terrible psychotic state - our local Younger People with Dementia Team responded magnificently, and with a new medication regime, sorted out the problems and left us both feeling better. I felt it was like I'd got my partner back.

But now I'm back to earth with a bump. Of course, I haven't got my partner back. I've got the AD victim who is rapidly losing mental and physical function and is becoming more and more dependent - and who has already forgotten that brief moment when trust and affection came back into our relationship after a month of fear and disorientation.

I've read it many times here - this is a cruel disease that only heads in one direction. I was foolish to briefly hope otherwise. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi drummer-john

I think one of the most difficult things to cope with is abandoning hope for improvement.

I know that sounds really negative but I knew exactly how you must have felt when, what gave you so much hope, was completely forgotten, as if it meant nothing.

It`s a hard lesson to learn but we must grasp the moment, take as much as we can from it, but mustn`t expect it to be mutually beneficial.

Take care Grannie G

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cat09