Double and 'hazy' vision

Starter

Oct 10, 2015
hi all. I posted last week about mum not being very well. She ended up in hospital because she had double vision and high blood pressure. They kept her overnight and found no indications of stroke or heart disease so sent her home with an emergency appointment for the eye clinic. We went today and although she has the beginnings of cataracts nothing else was wrong. So home she went with double and hazy vision! Worried sick now that she may have a fall. The dr thinks it is connected to her Alzheimer's. Does anyone have any experience of this?

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
You saw the eye doctor, but have you seen an Orthoptist? They are the people you really need to see as they are the experts in double vision.

Starter

Oct 10, 2015
You saw the eye doctor, but have you seen an Orthoptist? They are the people you really need to see as they are the experts in double vision.
Thank you Canary, we now have an appointment to see an Orthoptist on 1 November X

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
My husband used to complain about his vision.

Sometimes he said it was foggy.

Sometimes he said it was like looking through a net curtain.

Sometimes he could read subtitles on the television .

When he was in residential care he always recognised me when I visited.

He had cataracts too but I found it hard to work out whether his visual disturbances were because of his eyes or his dementia.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
My husband used to complain about his vision.

Sometimes he said it was foggy.

Sometimes he said it was like looking through a net curtain.

Sometimes he could read subtitles on the television .

When he was in residential care he always recognised me when I visited.

He had cataracts too but I found it hard to work out whether his visual disturbances were because of his eyes or his dementia.

My only experience of this is with a friend who was developing MS. Does she have any other symptoms? Numb areas or stumbling walk? Needs to be checked out.