1. franjen75

franjen75 Registered User

Mar 31, 2008
    Last week, our GP recommended the use of a dosette box with my Mum's pills in because NOT having control of her medication was the cause of a great deal of anxiety to her. Up to this point, Nurses were visiting twice a day to adminster her medication. She was happy to have the pills but my sisters and I were not convinced she was capable of remembering to take them correctly.
    She was refusing point blank to take the pills off any of us.
    She is taking Risperidone twice a day and in four weeks of being given this, she was wonderful, still anxious about her pills, but much more positive and less distressed.

At the end of this week, we were convinced she hadn't taken the Risperidone at the right time on the right day (sometimes both taken at breakfast) however, because she was so well, we waited until the review meeting this week.

The Community Nurse did not seem unduly worried about this, but our concern is that one day a week in between finishing the week's allowance and starting the next week, Mum is left without the continuity of the drug. A drug which was certainly working.

Any thoughts please?

2. gigi

gigi Registered User

Nov 16, 2007
    East Midlands
    Hello franjen,

I don't know about Risperidone..my husband takes Reminyl.

We were assured by the consultant that missing a day or two makes no difference to the overall effect.

Glad your mum gets on with the dosette box!

Love gigi xx