Doro 380

Flashharry

Sep 4, 2018
My Dad is in a home but is unable to use his current mobile phone as it's too complicated. We're thinking of getting him a Doro 380, has anyone experience of them? I'm not technically gifted and can't get my head around how we pay to top it up if it's SIM free...

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
SIM free means it is not locked to a specific provider, you can choose any provider and SIM you wish.

Do a Google search on
gsm deskphone
these are phones that look like landline phones but use a SIM to connect to a mobile phone network.
You will have to explore a bit to find one without too many bells and whistles at a reasonable price.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
My Dad is in a home but is unable to use his current mobile phone as it's too complicated. We're thinking of getting him a Doro 380, has anyone experience of them? I'm not technically gifted and can't get my head around how we pay to top it up if it's SIM free...
Hi. My dad has a Doro and is unable to use it . Not because it is complicated but because he has lost the understanding. He can barely use a house phone unless someone is there..His is vodophone but came with the phone. You could just by any old sim to fit into the phone.

Flashharry

Sep 4, 2018
Thanks for your replies. I'm with it now. I'm hoping he could use something really simple, the other problem is obviously we can't visit him in the home to show him how it works and it's pretty expensive buy if he doesn't use it....

imthedaughter

Apr 3, 2019
We tried lots of different mobile phones with dad as I wanted him to have the independence of his own line, so to speak. However as soon as I left he let the battery run out and lost it. I realised eventually that he didn't really want it, he had never really been good on the mobile and would much rather we call him on the home's landline, which he can still understand.

My nan though, who does not have dementia, loves her Doro phone. She is a champion texter. In fact she has also got a tablet now (she calls it her 'pill').

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan