Dont want to be mums carer any more

sunflower2

Jan 3, 2019
Mum has lived with me for 4 years now. At the beginning it was not too bad. But as time has gone by it has got harder. Before lock down I was lucky that mum was able to go to her club every day but since lock down nothing. I am beginning to feel a bit resentful now...4 years of my life not being my own. As said she has gone down a bit.
Her mobility since the lock down has really gone down we cannot go anywhere outside the house.
I do not even think when her club does open that she will be able to go back. I would like to add I also have a daughter with severe special needs so it's either lick down that has affected me or I really need to think of a care home for her. I know she would hate it as she is still able to understand..she just cannot look after herself. The guilt of even thinking about it is awful

Citroen 2cv

Mar 1, 2019
Spain
Hi I am in a similar situation. i have been carer to mum also worked as a live in carer so in affect doing 2 jobs. I have also been helping mum financially. I moved her in with me just before lockdown since then I haven’t been able to work so made the decision to stay with mum. I am finding it incredibly difficult as mum and I haven’t really been close. We live in Spain and there is very little help with dementia. i am fighting the feelings of guilt and resentment as I don’t have a life .
sorry no advice but I fully understand.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello, I don't have much to say other than that the lockdown has made a difficult situation worse so none of us has anything to feel guilty about.

I wish you both strength. Please keep posting as you will get support here because people understand.

sunflower2

Jan 3, 2019
Hi I am in a similar situation. i have been carer to mum also worked as a live in carer so in affect doing 2 jobs. I have also been helping mum financially. I moved her in with me just before lockdown since then I haven’t been able to work so made the decision to stay with mum. I am finding it incredibly difficult as mum and I haven’t really been close. We live in Spain and there is very little help with dementia. i am fighting the feelings of guilt and resentment as I don’t have a life .
sorry no advice but I fully understand.
Thank you it's nice to know you understand