Don't know why I've been away

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
Since we went to China in April I have found it hard to return to TP but I don't know why. I was a daily user. Today I felt the need to reconnect with all the lovely people on here. I hope that's ok.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Welcome back Trisha! My guinness! You have lots of catching up to do! :D:D

How are things with you?

And we want to hear all about your trip to China!

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Welcome back. Please don't worry about taking time out whenever you need to.
Many of us, me included need time out from time to time .
I hope things are ok with you.

juniepoonie

Jun 11, 2013
essex
can i have your opinion please

hello everyone, i need to knowwhat you think about the fact that my B I L peter hasnt had his toenails cut since october. As you may be aware my sister visited everyday but passed away last august an we took over as petes POA. anyway we had 1 bill for chiropody and havnt had one since so assumed that the nursing home did his nails. i just mentioned we hadnt had any chiropody bills an ask when the last time pete had had his nails done. i was shocked to be told october. i spoke to the new manager an ask for petye to have chiropodist every 6weeks in future as she told me staff dont touch feet. surely when pete is bathed some one should have noticed.it just makes me soooo angry that his feet havent been tended to.im on it now but wondered what you think about this. hope your all enjoying the summer weather. love juniepoonie xx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
It does seem out of order that no one has noticed this juniepoonie. Are you happy with the level of care otherwise? It may be an idea for you to start your own thread on this subject as there are bound to be others who have had similar experiences and could offer advice.

Good to see you back Trisha. Hope you had a lovely holiday - any photos?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
That sounds bad. Know my OH's CH have a rota and often see the chiropodist when I visit. Staff should have reported it even if they don't do it themselves. I do his finger nails but know that his carers will if I don't but take pleasure in still doing things for him. He has his hair cut regularly too and I get billed quarterly for both. It amazed me the other day when the hairdresser told me she wasn't needed so often these days as a lot of resident's families wouldn't pay for the cuts - £8 for a man's every 6 weeks!!!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
But Verity, all those extras add up. And sometimes there isn't a "family " to pay for them, there's just a spouse, like me, struggling on the very little left to live on! All the extras are not taken into account when assessing the costs of the nursing home. I pay extra for William's chiropody, about every eight to ten weeks, but I cut his hair myself. I always did, throughout our marriage. I consider myself very fortunate that the nursing home he's in have things like physio included, as well as a wide range of activities. Other nursing homes charge extra for activities, physio, chiropodist, hairdressers, etc.

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
Thank you for your warm welcome back and your understanding. China was wonderful. Saga was excellent to go with, and a great group. Mick's Alzheimer's is progressing inevitably. Although we haven't sold our house which has been on the market since February, I have bought the new build bungalow I found in January and we complete this Friday all being well.
How is everybody?

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point