Don't Feel Strong Enough.

MrsMoose

Oct 1, 2014
I don't feel strong enough to deal with what the next few months is likely to bring.

My father in law is deteriorating fast.

In the last three weeks he has been admitted twice to hospital. Once after a fall where the care home staff discovered he had broken two ribs.

Again after an attack of breathlessness.

The hospital care for people with dementia is not good. He was left hungry because he did not understand how to fill in menu sheets. He was discharged late at night and taken to the care home wearing only a thin hospital gown that did not even cover him properly.

He is currently catheterised and wearing incontinence pads.

When asked by a doctor what year it was he replied 1957.

There is just so little left of the man he used to be. Physically and mentally there is so little of him left. I am not sure whether life can offer him anything positive now.

But the care home staff are very good. Which is something.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) @MrsMoose
I expect you are worn out with all that worry and thats why everything seems so unbearable.
Im glad the care home is good with him. Can you relax now that he is back and you know that he will be properly looked after?

MrsMoose

Oct 1, 2014
I think because he is deteriorating fast, it reminds me of when my own father was dying some years back.

But of course, it's necessary to battle on. And one of the things about this forum is that I realise that our situation is better than what other people are having to cope with.