Don't beleive it!

katdan

Jan 15, 2008
Manchester
Dads case went to Panel yesterday, I thought that he would be awarded funding. Instead it has been deferred until next week. Me and my brother went looking at homes last night and found one that we think would be ideal for Dad, I went again today and saw the manager who instead of going and seeing Dad asked me to go in. She thought that it would be distressing for Dad if she were to go there and start asking questions which to be frank Dad would not be able to answer. His social worker rang me to tell me the outcome and that she would ask if he could go in as a respite case but this also was refused. Dad is 90 has vascular dementia should have a carer going in four times a day (which does not always happen) he needs medication which he does not get every day. I was told that as there were a lot of cases they had to priorotise. If Dad is not a priority I don't know what the other people are like. Is there anything I can do to appeal as I don't know if the room will be kept for him - I doubt it if someone else already has funding.I don't want him to go anywhere else as this home seems really nice.

Katdan

ella24

Nov 9, 2008
South Coast UK
Hiya

when my gran's SW was a bit slow in getting things to panel (for Deferred Payments) , the manager of the CH contacted the SW to say that the room had a time limit on it's availability. Things were prioritised then, and went to panel the following week.

Could you get the two to speak??

e

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mshaw6