Doneprezil increased to 15mg

betsie

Jun 11, 2012
Mum's doneprezil has been put up from 10 to 15mg.

Has anyone else had this and did it result in any side effects improvement?

I have to pick the prescription up tomorrow but haven't seen anything about anyone else being on this dose.

I did google it but there wasn't much info mainly US trials at 23mg. Bit worried mum is being used as a guinipig to see how it goes.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
It does seem unusual normally 10mg is the standard dose after a 5mg starter.
Who put it up and after what sort of an assessment was this decided?
K

betsie

Jun 11, 2012
A nurse came round to the house from the memory clinic. I gave him a written list of all her changes - there has been a big decline since September. He took mums pulse and that was that. He phoned yesterday and said he had a prescription for 15mg doneprezil. ( she has been on 10mg for about 2 years and was on the 5 mg for 1 year to start).

Mum still lives alone but has lots of people around from (8.30am to 6pm) can still dress herself and make a cup of tea ( if keep reminding her) and take the dog out but her short term memory is very bad, can't sort out meals, tablets or do the dogs food. She is also sleeping badly and getting confused about where she is, what time it is etc particularly in the night and has started going outside. She also lets anyone into the house who knocks. She gets obsessive about things, constantly worrying people are hurt or she has upset them, thinks she has no money ( because it isn't all sitting in her purse) and cries all the time.

Her own GP started her on 0.5mg of lorazepam yesterday ( she has been on 10mg of tamazepam for about 30 years but has little effect now) to help her sleep through the night and hopefully stop her going outside. I am a bit worried that this new sleeping tablet with the increased doneprezil will through her right out of whack ( told memory clinic nurse about lorazepam).