Don’t know what’s happening

Nanny k

Mar 31, 2020
Hello everyone, I really don’t know which way to turn. My hubby over the last 48hours has started to mess himself and I believe he’s aware of something happening because he puts his hands down his pad and unfortunately it ends up everywhere. It really doesn’t bother me but it’s getting really quite draining. He doesn’t want to get out of bed . He’s just completely changed. I know that there’s different stages of Dementia and I think he’s possibly stage 3. Feeling really emotional. ????

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
If your husband's behaviour has completely changed during the last 48hrs, and is combined with not wanting to get out of bed, it's possible that he may have an infection or other underlying health issue. You mentioned in another thread that he has been really poorly recently with a UTI so it's possible that this hasn't cleared, or he now has a different type of infection and needs more anti-biotics. I'd suggest contacting the GP to explain these sudden changes to see what they recommend.

Last edited:

Nanny k

Mar 31, 2020
If your husband's behaviour has completely changed during the last 48hrs, and is combined with not wanting to get out of bed, it's possible that he may have an infection or other underlying health issue. You mentioned in another thread that he has been really poorly recently with a UTI so it's possible that this hasn't cleared, or he now has a different type of infection and needs more anti-biotics. I'd suggest contacting the GP to explain these sudden changes to see what they recommend.
He’s been on 3 lots of antibiotics and finished them on Tuesday. He seems fine in himself if that makes sense . Just not sure why he’s started messing himself. But if he don’t settle then I will contact our GP

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi @Nanny k
please contact the GP, always best to get anything new checked out
I believe antibiotics can result in diarrhea, but there's also overflow constipation ... somaybe ask about those