Does TP need better public relations? !

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
I'm going to do a Creative Writing - Novels, course in February and I am thinking of turning my mother's biograghy, which I've been trying to work on, using her own "Story of a Life" autobiography, into a fictional novel. I thought it would be a good idea to write about some of the problems of the early stages of dementia, in the form of a story, including some humour.
I've found that once I start talking to people about Mum's vascular dementia, and bring the subject out into the open, nearly everyone has had some kind of experience with it in their family or community group. I know I might not get very far, because I'm inexperienced in writing, but I'd still like to have a go. The more people talk and write about this topic, the more likely something will be done to make life easier for us all.
I also went to a meeting on Monday, with the Thames Gateway project people. They are aiming to build "Sustainable Communities" so that housing, leisure and work are all in the same location and connected by good Public Transport links. When I asked about sheltered housing and Care Homes for the elderly, disabled and vulnerable, I was told that "There is no demand for it."
Surely the Government should take a lead and insist that some provision is made for older people, on all new large housing schemes, so that it is easier for families to care for dependant relatives as well as their young children. Society could be missing out here on a great opportunity to provide first class community facilities on these new housing projects.
Kayla

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Hi Bruce,

I've got a PDF version somewhere at home.
Will dig it out later.

Just that the PDF is easier to print and distribute.
If not I'll do something funky with the word version.

Keep smiling
Craig

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Craig,
PDF of your Word doc?

I have Acrobat and can create a new one if it helps?

try this:

Attachments

• ADTalkingPoint.pdf
    74.8 KB · Views: 405
Last edited:

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Thanks Bruce.
Acrobat - I thought I'd seen you in the circus ---- boom boom

Hold off for now, I think I may have the pdf that was sent to the printers. If not we can always PDF the word doc.

thanks
Craig

mocha

Feb 17, 2006
Lancs, England
flyer

Thanks for the link to Craig's flyer which I have printed 3 copies.
I shall be handing them out and will print some more later. At the moment my printer seems to be omitting the blue although it looks full. Help!!

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
mocha said:
. At the moment my printer seems to be omitting the blue although it looks full. Help!!

Hi Mocha

Try opening printer maintenance and run 'clean nozzles'. That should work, if not, I'm stuck.

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Hi All,

I've update the flyer to reflect the membership growth 500 to 2800!

Please find the new flyer attached. We will discuss getting this flyer updated and printed next time we meet with the society.

thanks for everyone's help and the nudges reminding me to update it!
Kind Regards
Craig

View attachment AlzheimerTPFlyerJan2007.pdf

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Craig

that's great - thanks!

I found one of the small AS flyers at Jan's home today. My Dell printer scans, but not very well and I can't raise the energy to power up the HP one, but here is the small flyer, front and back alongside.

apologies that print is not so good...

N.B. that is Norman and Peggy on the front!

Attachments

• flyer.jpg
    flyer.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 367

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
I think that the society may have a bundle of these 'posher' flyers, so as Nada said, anyone that would like copies should drop them a line.....if not they may print more.

thanks
Craig

Just to say that anyone can request the flyers from the Society's publications/helpline team. Email info@alzheimers.org.uk should get you through to someone who can help and send them to you free of charge.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I have just had chiropody treatment at my local Age Concern Day Centre. No-one there knew of Talking Point. They do now.
Some of these flyers could do with circulating. I will send for some.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa