Does anyone know anything about this?

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
At a meeting this week of our local Alz Soc. Support Group, the guest was a Social Worker, to respond to queries & questions (Brave man!).

During discussions about what does or doesn't need to be declared when filling in forms for care home fees - Respite or permanent - this chap let slip that Attendance Allowance income will, in some future date (relatively soon), become part of the means tested funds during assessments for various benefits. Up to now they have not been considered part of the means test process.

I don't want to cause alarm but can anyone (mods?) throw any light on this please? Obviously the implications for those of us dependant only on benefits could be serious.

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
can anyone (mods?) throw any light on this please

I reckon it would be better to call the Alzheimer's Society Help Line.

I don't know anything about it and they should - and if they don't and it is going to happen, then they need to know about it, so your information may be very helpful to them.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
So to clarify: AA will still not be a means-tested benefit BUT will be considered as income when other means tested benefits are calculated?

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Lynne, thanks for flagging this up.

Certainly something that could affect us all. We do need clarification. Always worrying when someone, as in this instance At a meeting this week of our local Alz Soc. Support Group, the guest was a Social Worker, to respond to queries & questions (Brave man!).

So often something is said at a meeting that we do not query at the time. Indeed I am surprised at times that we even manage to take anything in, the pressure most of us are under, at any given time.

Look forward to some answers.