Does anyone know about Safeguarding?

OAT

Jul 13, 2019
Norwich
Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for your help and input with my mother’s situation. I started off asking about Safeguarding and ended up talking about medication. You have been a tower of strength to me with your ideas and examples of your experiences.

Shall we ask the moderator to close this down now and I can start another thread in the future?

Thanks again, you lovely people.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
You dont actually have to officially close the thread. Once it has come to a natural end is just falls further and further down the boards.

You can start another thread even with this one open.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Thank you for your reply.
Well this is the thing, when I ask staff how my mother has been today, did she shower this morning, what did she have for breakfast etc?
I get one of the following replies:
I don’t know I wasn’t on shift this morning.
I don’t know I have never worked in this unit before.
I am a new member of staff and am not familiar with your mother, is she the one that walks around and around?

There does not appear to be a senior member of staff and I have often found myself in the lounge with many other residents on my own for great lengths of time.

My sister received a call when she was on holiday telling her of the above Safeguarding but when I went to have a meeting with the manager, the same day, she told me that it was not a safeguarding issue. I have subsequently got a copy of the report sent to safeguarding but the manger still maintains that it is not.

As I don’t think that the manager is being honest with us, do you know if it is possible to phone up safeguarding to find out the outcome, would they even talk to me?

I have the same issues - & now safeguarding is raised its even more closing of ranks. Can’t access daily care plan s & have full LPA