Does anyone just give up?

Marla

Oct 29, 2012
I have just come to the end of my tether. My mum was wonderful but now just a shell. I have been looking after her for the last 3/4 years but today I feel I can't go on.. Before my mothers illness I looked after my fil and before that my dad When is my time.!!!

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
A kind relative gave us a novelty key finder that bleeps if you whistle or shout. But it was trigger happy, and bleeped every time I coughed but ignored my husband's whistle! Worse than useless, though we did have one years ago that was good. Can't find the good ones now.

They put electronic tags on lions in those wildlife programmes...I wonder if I could get one for my husband. That was a joke really.. but I do wonder.....:)

dippydora

Apr 2, 2013
Lalaland
My dad "loses" things ALL the time! He hides food in the wardrobe...... under the kitchen sink....he forgets where things should go and puts them where-ever, then accuses "someone" of going in and stealing them! We tell dad that we will look "tomorrow", and by then he has forgotten all about it. He often "loses" keys, but we always find them eventually.....mind you, we NEVER found a bowl of soup we left him eating.......and that was over a year ago! OMG if we ever find that it will be wearing a fur coat! Lol

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
A bowl of soup!! Ha!!!! Sorry I couldn't help but laugh.

By the way I love your username!!

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Dippydora we have lost a lot of things but never a bowl of soup ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

sarahp

Feb 23, 2013
Ohhhhh today is a bad day, practically half my house is all in piles because apparently mum is moving today!!!!! Arghhhhhhh oh well better crack on!!!!

sarahp

Feb 23, 2013
Oh gosh it continues, brand new candles went missing. I found them by accident when I started to make tea, all in the freezer!! Mum is having a very odd few days with all mine and my OH's stuff being packed up into bags and moved around into odd places. I spoke too soon when I thought I was coping with it haha. It's escalated for some bizarre reason today and last night!!! I'm trying to put it all back and she is following me round unpacking it, yes I think I will now give up except check the bins as passports found in there today arghhhhhh!

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Well MIL gone to Day Centre. The missing comb has turned up in her handbag :confused: The brush was hidden behind the cards on the mantelpiece :eek: Her sunglasses have now gone :confused: Oh I have just spotted them they are behind another card on the mantelpiece :eek: 50p has gone missing from her purse so she only has £1.50 left the rest she had has also gone :eek:

Hubby said remove all the cards off the mantelpiece so I have. Ornaments also locked away as she is very clumsy now! I said we will be living a blank room/house soon! Just left some pictures on a cabinet so hope they don't get broken!

And because we have got visitors coming hubby has done a deep clean of the bathroom. He said it is like deep cleaning hospital :D

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=36934&stc=1&d=1376643924

Attachments

• GetAttachment (53).jpg
    GetAttachment (53).jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 428

Redpoppy

Jul 31, 2012
Glamorgan s.wales
I have just come to the end of my tether. My mum was wonderful but now just a shell. I have been looking after her for the last 3/4 years but today I feel I can't go on.. Before my mothers illness I looked after my fil and before that my dad When is my time.!!!

Maria -you sound desperate.You must be exhausted and I think you need help.There's only so much one person can do,so could you contact Social Services or visit your GP.for advice? You probably need 'time out' and I hope someone else who has experienced how you feel will get in touch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba