1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

Does anyone have an automatic medication dispenser they no longer use?

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by claireizz, Nov 30, 2015.

1. claireizz

claireizz Registered User

Jun 1, 2014
    Hello, I am struggling to find an automatic medication dispenser that opens to reveal the tablets when it is time to take them. Does anyone have one they no longer need?

2. Beate

Beate Registered User

May 21, 2014
    Female
    London
    Contact your local telecare department via Social Services. They might be able to provide you with one.

3. nicoise

nicoise Registered User

Jun 29, 2010
    My mum was given one from the community pharmacist via her GP - but 5 years ago, so funds might have dried up on that.

Hers was a "Pivotell" - there are two for sale at present on that online auction site, priced at £10 - a considerable saving on the new price!