Documentary

Gayle

Feb 15, 2005
London
Dear TP members,

The press office at the Society is often contacted by programme makers and researchers looking to speak to people with dementia and their carers.

I wouldn't want to bombard you with requests but below is information on a particular documentary with Channel Four which sounds like a really interesting project.

If you would like to find out more do contact me,
Many thanks,
Gayle
PS
Thank you to the many TP members who have contacted me so far about being a media volunteers.

Documentary - Volunteers needed

The press office has been approached by a production company working with Tony Robinson (Society supporter and of Time Team/Blackadder fame) on a documentary about older people in Britain.

The film will follow Tony as he investigates the options available for older people once they become unable to look after themselves independently. He will be meeting families who are on the verge of making a decision about whether a person needs residential care.

The production company is looking for people who might be interested in meeting Tony and be filmed talking about their experiences with him.

Tony has personal experience of these issues and is keen to explore them in a sensitive way in this documentary. Tony’s mother has dementia and his mother is cared for in a care home.

Although the documentary isn’t specifically about dementia it will explore many important issues and they are keen to speak to a family with links to the Society. Initially there is no commitment to filming but if it did go ahead it would take up just one afternoon.

If anyone knows of a family who might be interested in taking part in this exciting project – or you would just like more information please contact Gayle on 0207 306 0839 or email gwing@alzheimers.org.uk.

Gayle

Feb 15, 2005
London
Hi daughter,

Thanks for your reply, yes sorry it was Tony's dad who died with dementia, and his mother is now being cared for in a care home.

Sorry for the mistake , I misunderstood the information from the production company.

If you are interested in finding out more about Tony's story, he was interviewed back in March for the Alzheimer's Society's newsletter Share.

http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/News_and_campaigns/Newsletters/PDF/Share0503_March2005.pdf

Best wishes,

Gayle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife